Thread: HK 416 Thread

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    No never bought one. Years ago I researched the MR556, went down and handled it, shot it and wasn't impressed. Six months ago I went down to my LGS and again after researching the VP9, handled it, shot it and wasn't impressed. The trigger was mushy, the mag release location needs me to release my grip to work it, only a 15 round mag(17 on the glock and 19 on the XDM) and the exterior controls aren't as slim line as I need them to be. Checked out a G17 Gen4 right after that and it felt so much better. Granted, I put night sights, a tungsten guide rod and re-worked the trigger myself but it runs and feels top notch compared to the VP9. So after all the internet hype about the VP9 I was less than impressed by the actual product. In my quest for a .45 I considered the HK45 and the grip was to large for my medium sized hands. I am sure they make a good product its just not for me. And now that none of that was about the 416, UW is going to come along with a nutcracker and break my balls.
    Last edited by Stone; 26 July 2017 at 14:59.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.