Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of that is from a Brownell's kit that sat in a box for at least a year after buying it. When the Pitts barrels became available, I figured I could finally build what I had bought and so then I had to grab the lower. So yeah, having one caused the other, all thanks to OCD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Most of that is from a Brownell's kit that sat in a box for at least a year after buying it. When the Pitts barrels became available, I figured I could finally build what I had bought and so then I had to grab the lower. So yeah, having one caused the other, all thanks to OCD.
    I don't feel nearly as bad about OCDing that fake URGI build! (About 1/4 as bad, maybe...)
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I don't feel nearly as bad about OCDing that fake URGI build! (About 1/4 as bad, maybe...)
    I can't remember, what lower did you use for that URGI build?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geissele.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Geissele.
    One of these days that was my plan. I've got a couple of G Lowers for a URGI but definitely not in a rush to get a $1250 upper at full price. So how's she shoot?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I blame MARSOC and UWone for this... This upper fell into my lap while researching the feasibility in building one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    One of these days that was my plan. I've got a couple of G Lowers for a URGI but definitely not in a rush to get a $1250 upper at full price. So how's she shoot?
    Okay, over a year late but I just saw this, so you probably have a couple by now.

I do most of my shooting on private property, so that means I plink, and creek stomp with my guns. It's a crazy fun free-form plinker! The caliber makes it way cheaper to shoot than my .300 blk SBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I blame MARSOC and UWone for this... This upper fell into my lap while researching the feasibility in building one"You run under the MARSOC umbrella, are you 0372?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    You run under the MARSOC umbrella, are you 0372?
    Uh, no. But MARSOC is deploying with these uppers on their M27 lowers now and I was toying with building a clone. As it turns out, Marvin Pitts started making/selling clone A5 upper parts, which is what I was initially looking at getting and building up from there until this upper was offered up for sale to me.

This particular upper isn't factory assembled, but other than the barrel and gas regulator (and SFA2 FH), all of the parts are HK A5 parts and not cloned A5 (or Brownell's) parts, which is what is mostly out in the 416A5 market right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I beleive its 0321 thats deploying with those and I beleive they fall under FMF. Regardless its a badass rifle nonetheless...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Actually I beleive its 0321 thats deploying with those and I beleive they fall under FMF. Regardless its a badass rifle nonetheless...
    I believe you are correct. A nuanced difference that continues to confuse me at times until I reread the Google and get re-educated. Thanks for the correction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem, your welcome brother. My son was 0321 and did a lateral shift to 0372 a few years back. He has had to explain all of this to me like 4 times... I was confused about it all as well for a while and thought 0372 was rockin the HK's but they are not... Weird, but its the military, who is run by the USG so it really shouldnt suprise me. Hahahaha...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I blame MARSOC and UWone for this... This upper fell into my lap while researching the feasibility in building one.

So how much did that set you back?

Or do we even want to know? LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I have to ask, is there anything for the 416 that can also be used on any AR15 besides the grip and stock or is that it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    So I have to ask, is there anything for the 416 that can also be used on any AR15 besides the grip and stock or is that it?
    Some various lower parts.