Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls URF

URF stands for Upper Receiver, Forward Controls

It has been covered in other threads, mostly in the Sling Keep and SBCG threads, it deserves its own

For the past year or so, we've been looking for a manufacturer that's willing to make couple of ergonomics changes to an upper for us. In my opinion, the forged A3 upper receiver with forward assist is hard to improve on, but there are couple of areas it can use some refinement.

URF is based on a well established, trusted and liked manufacturer's billet upper receiver. I like its angular, SR25ish clean look, it's very much in line with our design philosophy. No extra machining where it does little or nothing to improve anything, everything about this upper indicates functionality dictates its form.

The changes we're making are minor ergonomics improvements that many might not notice or appreciate right away. It will have a tiny laser engraved Cygnus logo on the left side, followed by three letters: URF. No company name, we don't want customers to purchase our hardware and do advertising for us, they didn't sign on for that.

URF may be followed by URSF (slick side) and LRF (lower receiver), if URF does well. It will go in production shortly, ETA is 6 weeks or so. More details will be made public as we approach the release date.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to pics, pricing, and release info. I’ve got an Overthrow lower that needs an upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    URFLH

Downloads
    Uploads
    Subbing for pics.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting Roger to include pics is like telling your kids to clean their room.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can include redacted pics that don't show the changes we made They'll be posted when we're close to the release date

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this forged or billet? So are you going with angular AKA square lines or rounded?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's billet, and has facets and angular surfaces, unlike the standard forged receivers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really don't need this..................

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's based on an upper many people like already, the benefit of basing ours on this upper is that whether folks appreciate the changes we've made or not, the upper is very well made and a quality piece, which this company is known for.

It's also easy to match it up with lowers this manufacturer produces. If we collaborate again on the LRF, it'll also be based on receivers it already produces.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I really don't need this..................
    Oh contraire, you do. And you better get one for Medic as well, he needs one too...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got in touch with my inner self and he said I need one as well. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    3 more weeks to go

I suspect our friends and supporters would buy the upper if it had no changes but the Cygnus logo on it, badge engineering is the last thing I want to do, even though I do appreciate that some of our customers will buy anything with our name on it The laser engraved logo is pretty small, so is the available quantity, so they'll be somewhat rare. The timing is a little off though, I'd like to bundle the LDFA with it, alas the latest LDFA is still in production.

LDFA is now in 4130, heat treated with black nitride coating, still CNC machined, no cast or MIM. Our cost did go through the roof, so there will be an increase MSRP. If you'd like to get an LDFA in its current form (17-4 SS, black oxide coated), better hurry, I think our dealers still have them, but we're out.

In the likely event URF becomes available without the latest 4130 LDFA in inventory, we'll offer a code for a discounted LDFA with free shipping for URF customers. Once LDFA is available, it'll be an optional add on for URF, with a discount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any sneak peek photos available?