Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty much a 1911 fan boy (old fan boy). The only Sig I have is their Tac Ops TB. Having said that, I never picked up a (non 1911) Sig when I didn't say, "Man, this indexes perfect!". They just feel "right" in the hand. Would love to have a Legion P220 SAO. I have one Glock, a Gen 4 G21. Bought it from a LEO that said it only had one box through it; and it looked it. It already had many upgrades, and I bought it below MSRP for a base gun; just couldn't pass it up. Thinking about another Glock in their MOS line - just to have an RDS on one other than the Ruger 22/45. Just not sure if I want to drop the coin on the package - base gun / suppressor sights / trigger job / barrel for lead and can / Trijicon RMR etc.

My other plastics consist of a couple of 9mm Shields (one with a Business End Custom trigger job using factory parts), a 45 Shield, and I have an FDE 2.0 9mm M&P.

As to 1911 reliability ... (just my opinion, your mileage may vary) I have carried them for over 4 decades without hesitation as I have never had any issues with the ones I own. Built one just to say I did; the rest are a mixture of factory - Colt / Ed Brown / Les Baer / Sig / Ruger (Harrison complete makeover) / and yes ... a Para Ordnance P14-45

I also have a 20+ year old S&W Performance Center CQB in 45 (4506) - made back when their PC really put out good stuff. They may now, but I can't say from experience.

I also like wheel guns - dozen or so ... couple of Colts, a Ruger (Super Blackhawk circa 1970), the rest S&W.

But if it looked like rain, I would pull the Les Baer Premier-II and the LWRC 10.5" 6.8 SBR. I know I could count on both to do what they are supposed to.

Very interesting thread !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I'm pretty much a 1911 fan boy (old fan boy).
    I have to say that I am with you on the 1911.

I only have one... and it's a Sig! LOL!!! That gun is just awesome. The fit and feel in my hand, the natural point, the trigger... it is one of my favorites.

This is the gun I have (although not in the two tone color)

http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blo...-1911-rcs.html

I could drop a lot of coin on some good 1911's. My daily carry gun is a 938. I also have a 238 although I don't shoot it that often. I have about a thousand rounds for it (.380) so lately I have been plinking with it more. That one is the 'Scorpion' color scheme. All three of those are 1911 styled guns...

Over time I am going to collect more pistols though. Right now it's a matter of cash and employment stability. I just have to prioritize what I get.

I think my priority list now are to round out my suppressor collection (because it takes so damn long to get one through the system)
    Finish my 10/22 build
    Build or buy a nice really long range rifle (probably 6.5 CM) although now that 224 Valkyrie has my attention in some regards
    Possibly a .308 bolt gun or AR10
    Pistol wise I would like a .22 pistol, another 9mm suppressor host (although I can arguably live with a P226 and a CZ75B), and to get a couple of .45 ACP pistols that in theory could be suppressor hosts too (still need a .45 can)

I am interested in some striker fired pistols but at this point I am not really sure what that will be.