Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    The numbers are amazing....I just don’t have anywhere to shoot that would do calibers like 6.5CM, .338LM etc justice. The longest range I can get to is 600yds and it’s invite only; my membership range is 300yds

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    The numbers are amazing....I just don’t have anywhere to shoot that would do calibers like 6.5CM, .338LM etc justice. The longest range I can get to is 600yds and it’s invite only; my membership range is 300yds
    I am very fortunate in this regard. At present I have access to 1,400. Going out to 1600 or even a mile is possible at that spot but I might have to hunt around for alternatives. If anything happens where I don't or can't go there anymore I will have to figure out something new.

Still though, I think this could be a lot easier shooting that a .308 so in an overall sense of the word, for me at least it might be a better bang for my buck. I could just build or buy one gun that can do really long range stuff and at the same time have a round that can do whatever I would need it to both shorter (relatively speaking) and at longer ranges.

One caliber and that's that. I am pretty sure a 6.5 bullet could knock down bambi but then again I don't hunt that often. Considering that I would probably put $5000 bucks (including optics) or more into one gun this caliber seems to be able to scratch all itches. And on top of that even if I load with these bullets 100% of the time my reloads would still be substantially cheaper than trying to go .338 or anything like that.