Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    The RDS experts will need to answer your questions Uffdaphil ... I'm in over my head just thinking about this

I would love to have some input on which RMR to select. I know I want a reasonably sized dot. A six MOA dot would cover about 1.5" at 25 yards (too big?) but a three MOA dot would only cover about 3/4" at 25, and smaller at defensive ranges - 15 yards or less.

For the RDS shooters here, what size dot do you prefer and why?
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something to keep in mind is that the sights still work even if they're covered by the can. Sure, for bulls-eye shooting it will impact accuracy some, but I'm sure you could still score at least in the 80's on a B8 at 25y. Closer in, it will matter less. Since the irons would be secondaries anyway, I don't really seeing it a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    The RDS experts will need to answer your questions Uffdaphil ... I'm in over my head just thinking about this

I would love to have some input on which RMR to select. I know I want a reasonably sized dot. A six MOA dot would cover about 1.5" at 25 yards (too big?) but a three MOA dot would only cover about 3/4" at 25, and smaller at defensive ranges - 15 yards or less.

For the RDS shooters here, what size dot do you prefer and why?
    Nowhere near a RDS expert on a hand gun, but the last month and a half I've run 2K rounds between a T-1 2 MOA on my G17 and a RM-06 on my G19. Personally, I like the smaller dot on these optics. I can shoot B8s at 25y without issue but then also run the gun in a more dynamic scenario closer in fairly quickly (I'm still slower on dot acquisition, but that's a training issue). Would a bigger dot work? Yup, but I appreciate the smaller dot for finer accuracy when I need/want it.

Take it for what it's worth...just a guy on the internet.