Downloads
    Uploads
    Fake news!
    Name:  hands.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  46.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went back and re-read my post and a little more info will add context.

With my trigger finger I can reach the switch no problem. That said I am trying to activate the light with my support hand instead. As it sits now I have to break my grip just a little to hit the support side button. Either that or I have to alter my grip slightly to make it work.

So this begs the question, how does everyone prefer to activate their pistol lights? Which hand, which finger etc? I am trying to set it up so that I can activate it with my support thumb without breaking my grip so much. I might be way off base though so please let me know.

I am thinking the new paddle(s) will help with that. Depending on what I see when they arrive I might just start out by replacing one side and see if that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Support hand. I just drop my thumb down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DG switch. Super intuitive, no fiddling around with switchology, very easy to use even when doing SHO/WHO. Light NDs are not an issue IMO for most civilian applications, and not an issue for me personally either, both due to extensive practice along with the fact that I use the X400UH so I have a lock-out option if needed. An argument might be made that it can compromise the grip a little, I suppose.

You could also try these if you wanted to: https://emissarydevelopment.com/prod...surefire-x300/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Support hand. I just drop my thumb down.
    This.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the new paddles but I haven't had the chance to install them yet. I will keep you informed as to my opinions on the process as well as the product.

The paddles that Default.mp3 put a link to looks interesting but they are out of stock and said they have a new design being released early next year.

On a totally different topic I wonder what everyone thinks of putting a little light on my new P322? I know it's only a .22 but being out in the country it can be very useful. What are some inexpensive lights that you can recommend? I don't need something insane.

I haven't fully decided on doing that yet, but I am looking at it if I can find something ok that won't break the bank.

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.olightstore.com/baldr-s.html

Sooch gives it a thumbs up. It even has a little laser. If you're out at night and jump a mountain lion, you can distract it by playing "Chase the dot".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    https://www.olightstore.com/baldr-s.html

Sooch gives it a thumbs up. It even has a little laser. If you're out at night and jump a mountain lion, you can distract it by playing "Chase the dot".
    Thanks! This is by far not a priority but getting a light for that pistol is definitely something I could see myself doing. Typically I don't ever shoot at night just because I don't want to be an asshole to the neighborhood that said something really really quiet wouldn't be a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up getting a Streamlight TLR7A. It was like $125 to the door.

I picked it because it seems to have a good reputation and because the function of it works similar to my other lights.

Other than that the rest were relatively small things, but I didn't want something huge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of TLR7A's.... pretty good deal at AU for $115

https://armsunlimited.com/streamligh...handgun-light/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Speaking of TLR7A's.... pretty good deal at AU for $115

https://armsunlimited.com/streamligh...handgun-light/
    That is a good deal. I bought mine from gunzone deals, which also had them on sale. All in including shipping to the door it was $125... I don't know if AU charges tax or not, but that could make the difference. Even if they don't it's less than $5 total between them and what I paid.

Anyway I figured that is a pretty good light that has a lot of vetting already done. Also the controls are not that different from what I use now on other guns so it could be a training tool. If I go out blasting away all night with a unsuppressed handgun my neighbors would hate me. If I go out and do that with a suppressed 22, they won't even know. So in theory it opens up to a bit of low light or no light training, which I have never done before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got my TLR7A and first impressions are... WOW. I REALLY like it. I am very tempted to purchase a TLR-7 Sub for my carry gun. Two things immediately stand out:

It is a lot more bright and the switches on the light feel totally different than the XSC. The switches (to me) feel almost mushy on the XSC when compared to the Streamlight. The TLR-7A's switches seem a lot more...'tactile' (I guess that's the right word for it). I like the positive feel it has to it.

Anyway I just opened it up about 30 minutes ago, but I will take them outside and compare beams and other stuff when I get the chance.

If it didn't mean buying ANOTHER new holster I might switch over. I still might do it just to have options, but we shall see how I feel after the new wears off of this one.

In looking at the specs, the SUB is approximately .57 inches longer than the XSC. The XSC's bezzle sits slightly behind the muzzle of a 365XL, but the SUB will sit right around 1/2 inch beyond the muzzle.

Anyway it will be interesting to do some comparisons for sure. I really like those switches though.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 8 December 2022 at 22:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slightly off topic, but I need / want a weapon light for my SPEAR LT. I typically go to Streamlight for value but I want a peanut butter light to match the SPEAR and Streamlight is foolishly missing that market. Any experience with the OLight Odin Mini 1250? It seems comparable to the Streamlight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    C'mon, man! You spent a shitpile of moolah on that Spear. At least put an Arisaka on it!