Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    For vehicle carry Id keep it as short as possible and dump the suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    For vehicle carry Id keep it as short as possible and dump the suppressor.
    Agreed. I grew up and lived/worked in some of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago. I drove a tow truck for 3 years on the west side, in and out of the projects all night long on the midnight shift. I never carried a firearm. The biggest thing for me was situational awareness, if you keep your head on a swivel you can see what's coming. People become victims when what they are doing is more important than what is going on around them. If it gets to the point that you have to pull a rifle out sound will be the least of your concerns, in fact making noise will be in your favor. Minimize variables and keep things in your favor by keeping it simple and effective. Long before I went into rifle options I would take a good look at deployment. Meaning, deploying a stashed rifle while my wife and kids are in the car. That presents a whole new set of obstacles that can only be overcome by practicing it many many times with the family in the vehicle possibly while under attack or extreme duress. The firearm is a small part of a bigger picture.
    Last edited by Stone; 22 January 2019 at 19:13.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.