Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I don't care what another man, or woman spends their money on, but I really don't "get it" as far as shooting 7.62 out of a 5 " barrel. I mean to what end? If it's just a novelty thing, to take to the range and blow your friends muffs off.....
    I'd get the 5.56 version. On why someone would shoot a rifle round out of a 5" barrel? Easy, for a PDW type weapon, under 100 yards, I'll take it. They still shoot accurately, yes the ballistics suck, but I'm also not trying to shoot sub MOA. It's a niche gun or a niche role.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've gotta agree with FortTom on this one. It's impressive they can get it to work reliably in such a small package but if I'm strictly looking at 100 yards and in, subsonic 300 blackout seems like the only decent option of the three calibers. You can make the others work but 300 blackout was designed for those specs.

Having said that, for a "Holy shit I need to GTFOH and try to save my butt" PDW I'd probably choose a 9mm subgun like the CMMG Guard or the Sig MPX. Less recoil, less flash, less noise, easy to suppress, I can fit 2-33 round glock or MPX mags into one 30-round AR mag pouch so I can theoretically carry twice the amount of ammo...inside 100 yards I'd be perfectly happy with an SBR 9mm carbine. Admittedly I'm looking at this from a civilian standpoint (Zombie outbreak, lol) and not worrying about defeating foes wearing plates.

And this may be heresy but I might just like my Guard better than my MPX...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'd get the 5.56 version. On why someone would shoot a rifle round out of a 5" barrel? Easy, for a PDW type weapon, under 100 yards, I'll take it. They still shoot accurately, yes the ballistics suck, but I'm also not trying to shoot sub MOA. It's a niche gun or a niche role.
    It’s going to dominate a PCC at those ranges, even with a 5” barrel. I dont see it as a competitor for a 10.5” SBR but an upgrade over an MP5, etc