Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Beretta Storm PX4 Question

I'm thinking of trading a guy for a Beretta Storm PX4 for a compact 17rd 9mm for concealed carry. (I'm sick of full sized guns stabbing me in the side while sitting or in the car).

Does anyone here know anything about these as far as dependability, etc? Thanks ahead for your opinions.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The slide mounted safety had always kept me from getting motivated about the PX4. Never shot one myself although I've always meant to. I have however talked to a few people over the years about them and have always heard positive things. Easy to shoot, reliable, light weight, etc.

Beretta is a weird company in my opinion. I see their "tactical" models sold everywhere and they make a quality product so people must be buying their stuff. I just never see it being used (with the exception of the M9). I see a lot of Beretta shotguns though... been eyeballing another one when I get back to the States.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d get a M&p shield or compact 2.0 if your after something smaller FT.

I just got done surprising the woman with her first pistol, (she’s had others , but not in her name) I unloaded and traded a bunch of stuff laying around over 2 months and grabbed a shield for $250 shipped from a shop in your area KYgunco...so small and the price is right, makes me want one..lol

I’ve held those berettas and never liked the feel or the safety aspect of them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Buddy has three. He loves them.

I've shot them, can't say it's better that my g19 Gen5, then again not much is.

If you want a hammered gun this one probably works well enough. Plenty of CZs that do the same exact thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on the trade. The Beretta sounds like a fun gun for the range, but I prefer a Glock 43 for carry. I've tried a lot and settled on the 43 for the exact reasons you mentioned. With the Steamlight TLR-6 and a cheap Kydex holster, an ETS +1 mag with an extra in the pocket, it's comfortable and invisible. I no longer research carry guns or spend any time thinking about it.

TL;DR: Get your trade, but also get a G43 for comfortable reliable carry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, all. I wanted an external safety, and that's why the Shield and "baby" Glocks are not in play, for now. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the OP.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 22 March 2019 at 06:11.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT ..you big dummy....

The shields do have a manual safety..the woman’s shield she just got has one..

Palmetto has it for $250 plus $17 shipping , use the active junky link I’ve been posting in the deals thread and you’ll save like another $20

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...eldtm-9mm.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    FT ..you big dummy....

The shields do have a manual safety..the woman’s shield she just got has oneT

Palmetto has it for $250 plus $17 shipping , use the active junky link I’ve been posting in the deals thread and you’ll save like another $20

Thanks, I did not know that. However, I got a new Baretta for a hundred less than Buds was selling them, so it's a done deal now.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...eldtm-9mm.html
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well a new gun is always a good feeling..

Post up how you like it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Ka new gun is always a good feeling..

Post up how you like it...
    Guy pissed backwards on me on deal for Baretta. Bought a H&K compact instead. Need to do some serious range time with it, though, especially with the weird mag relase. Like the fact that it's a hammer gun though with a de-cocker.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger