Thought I'd tag on to this instead of starting a new thread.

My question to the Alamo and any other reloaders in the group if they've developed any strong preferences over the years about where / how you set up your bench. E.g. height of bench (or press if you use a riser from IF), location of, say powder measure in relation to press, where on the bench do you like your press, etc. I'm building a new bench at home so am just trolling for additional ideas.

I was going to build a reloading bench out at my property but decided instead to build a custom "built in" bench at home and move my Seville HD bench out to the property.

I'll be mounting two flush mount quick change plates from Inline Fabrications in my bench. Generally, I'll have a vice on the left side and my Forster Co-Ax on the right side, but with the IF mounts I'll be able to remove both and have a full, clear, flat bench if I need it. Today, on the Seville HD bench I have a vice bolted down just right of center and my Forster Co-Ax mounted towards the right side, back a little bit, on 9" high Inline Fabrication mount. It's worked out well, but the vice kind of kills the table top space. My bench is in the garage in a recess, so nothing can hang over the sides. With the quick change system, it will be fairly easy to take my press with me out to the property when I want to load on sight. I'm building the top of my new bench at 39" high. Bench top will be butcher block that I'll probably give a medium wood tone stain. Any recommendations on good varnishes that hold up well to gun oils and solvents?

"Before:"