Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And here I was just about to buy. Guess I’ll wait. Thanks for the tip.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem, September/October are notoriously volatile months (to the downside) on top of the craziness that going on. The denial and euphoria in the markets are at all time highs, they think it will never end, until it does. A lot of people will just con themselves into believing its just a down day and get suckered back in by a few up days that may be coming, then WHAMO!! Wait until there is blood in the streets and buy the fire sale on stocks...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep for me, Sept and Dec are the most volatile months. Sept's dividends usually even out my losses though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is silver still a good option right now?

Have some funds around that I want to invest in such.

Also..I’ve took this thread and turned it into a thing. I read up on all the links. Made a decent deposit into a few trading accounts last month. Stocks are level and not doing much. The “Any” stock looks promising for the future and hold a good little sized amount

And put a bigger amount into Crypto on the other hand..lol..up over 200% on shiba and doge,bitcoin in the last 2 days.

It’s crazy on the crypto side compared to regular stonks…

All the sports companies, NASCAR , Amc and now banks saying there all taking bitcoin and others by the end of the year.. Sot down and hold on..

Downloads
    Uploads
    BTC is the gold standard for me, and basically the only crypto I'm buying every paycheck.

I know this is lame, but for the stock market, index funds. Even the best money manager is hard pressed to beat an index fund in returns. 50% of my brokerage and long term retirement portfolios get allocated into index funds. 25% speculative stocks, and 25% into ETF's.

Silver is around $22. PM's are still good for diversifying your portfolio.

Enjoy the ride.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. I’m always open to advice either way.

Will have to look more into the index funds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A portfolio should be based on your investing strategy and timelines. UW sounds like he is in it for the long haul, 20+ years if I am guessing correctly. I imagine he may have differing strategies at play. My long term investing strategy right now is around the 12-18 month timeline, if I don't think a stock will pay off in that time frame I wont buy in on it. But I am swing trading and doing some day trading which also means I close out certain positions within in minutes or by the end of the day. I am doing this full time as my main source of income so my strategy's are different than most. You also have to consider your risk factor, is it low medium or high? Or a mix of all three? The riskier the stock the more you have to really watch the markets and do a lot of research to stay ahead of the game... I don't own any crypto currency's but have exposure to them by owning crypto mining company's. I'm in ANY and ISWH right now... Also, having an exit strategy on a position is important, knowing when and how much to sell can make or break a trade. I would highly recommend scaling into positions when you buy, meaning if you want to ultimately buy 1000 shares of XYZ its best to pick it up in tranches of like 200 shares at a time because that way you can average in at a better price as the market fluctuates. If you have ever bought a stock then only to see the price drop the next day you will know why this strategy should apply to all trades... But if your brokerage is charging fee's for each trade you will have to factor in those charges to know the size of the tranche you need to buy.
    Last edited by Stone; 6 October 2021 at 07:57.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stone brings up a great point.

What is your timeline? If you want to make money and not wait long term, you should definitely keep tabs on his suggestions in this thread for 12-18 month strategy. Otherwise long term like me (I don't plan on withdrawing for 15-20 more years) look more into index funds. Just understand risk/reward. Most brokers can't keep up with the S&P500.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, at my age, the timeline is rather short.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Unfortunately, at my age, the timeline is rather short.
    You're gonna live forever Jerry. What are you talking about?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You're gonna live forever Jerry. What are you talking about?!
    Just feeling my age. August/September - not kind to me this year. On the mend though. The fall shoot coming up next week, really looking forward to it.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Mustang- Just wanted to add that you shouldn't forget about capital gains tax. It will depend on your overall income for that year but its roughly 22% on gains held less than 12 months and 15% on holdings that were sold after 12 months of owning. Also, money is made on the volume of shares you hold, not so much on the price of the share. If you were to buy XYZ at $100 a share but can only afford to buy 10 shares and it rises $10 you would only make $100. If you buy ABC at $1 a share with your $1000 and it rises a $1 a share you stand to make $1000, big difference. Let your overall account balance dictate which shares you can afford and you will maximize your returns. An example is, if I have 10K to use to invest I would rather stick to stocks that are $2 or under per share. If I have 50K to invest, I would stick to stocks under $6 a share and so on. Dont let the price of a share fool you, I have watched $2 stocks go to $10 in a matter of hours and I have watched $300 stocks grind their way to $350 over 3 years... Volume is king.
    Last edited by Stone; 6 October 2021 at 13:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uranium stocks are on fire! Next stop, da moon...hahahaha

URNM-ETF
    URA- ETF
    CCJ
    UUUU
    UEC
    NXE
    ENCUF
    WSTRF
    DNN

They are all good companys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info stone..
    Got some $$ in uuuu and it’s doing well

Crypto is on its way to the moon this month..woof.. 350% up on shiba alone..

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you invested in LIACF last year about this time, you'd be up 450%