Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    My REIT stock is down in share price, but the dividend is holding up. The gold mining is up about 30% since I bought 6 mos. ago.

I don’t think the magnitude of the inflation crises is recognized by the general public or the market yet. When the fear really hits home I expect a lot of cash will be jumping onto the metals train.
    Phil,

Which REIT are you invested in? Seems like a lot of REIT have hit bottom on stock price, but their dividends are holding steady. Is it paying quarterly?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I halted my IRA contribution for the time being; I was basically burning the $ up as soon as it went in

Transitioned the bi-monthly deposit elsewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NLY. I’ve had it for 13 years. Shares have cycled up and down several times between ~ 12 and 5. Div was .30-35/qtr for years. Still good at .22 , but with our uncertain future I don’t trust it to stay high. I sold half and kept 6K. Might sell another 2K.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I Bonds just went up to 9% interest and will be there until November (when they adjust the interest rate). I decided to dump some cash into that via the Treasury website. Annual limit is $10K. The money isn't really available for 12-15 months, but if you don't need something liquid for that amount of time, it's a nice option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    NLY. I’ve had it for 13 years. Shares have cycled up and down several times between ~ 12 and 5. Div was .30-35/qtr for years. Still good at .22 , but with our uncertain future I don’t trust it to stay high. I sold half and kept 6K. Might sell another 2K.
    I've thought about getting in on some NLY as I don't think the price will go too much lower.... but everytime I say that lately, it does Higher interest rates don't help their business model.

I've been keeping 100-120k in cash to put down on a rental, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm thinking about putting it in more dividend funds or ETF's, but also considering bonds like gator mentioned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another bloodbath in the general markets today, been sitting in cash for a few now and I'm putting together a crash buy list. There are some great companies out there who's stock price is waaaay under valued. Starting to build a position in MARA, cant believe I have the opportunity to buy it under $12 a share. Its down around $10 today... I still think we have some more downside coming overall but would like to see the S&P find a bottom around 3800-3600 but its a hard call to know for sure.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Another bloodbath in the general markets today, been sitting in cash for a few now and I'm putting together a crash buy list. There are some great companies out there who's stock price is waaaay under valued. Starting to build a position in MARA, cant believe I have the opportunity to buy it under $12 a share. Its down around $10 today... I still think we have some more downside coming overall but would like to see the S&P find a bottom around 3800-3600 but its a hard call to know for sure.
    Another great day on the market! LOL

Stone, you got any hot tips on stocks you feel are way undervalued during this slump?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now I am jumping in and out on UUUU and UEC, grabbing 10-15% gains to pay the bills. They are holding a strong support line at $5.85 and $3.30. NU-SCALE just IPO'd as SMR but that's a long term play if your interested. Small Modular Reactors will definitely be the wave of the future. URA under $19 a share is a great buy. I don't think it will be much longer until uranium stocks decouple from the main markets and head north. Hedge funds and institutions are sitting on a boatload of cash and are waiting for their algorithms to trigger initial buy in's in the general market. Sitting on a chunk of cash right now is not a bad thing but watch out for the dead cat bounces so you don't get suckered in. Here's a few great company's on my bottom turnaround list.

SMED
    OESX
    TGA
    CPG
    GOGL
    GRIN
    USAK
    DOCS
    Last edited by Stone; 21 May 2022 at 16:42.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a major Helium shortage is here and the underlying fundamentals in this relatively unknown sector look amazing... My top three are:

TTLHF
    ARGYF
    DMEHF

I'm currently holding TTLHF and ARGYF... Total helium has LINDE (LIN) (massive company) in their back pocket and has some great deals going with them. They just started selling their product and as first to market within the current explorers I believe they should print some great numbers in Q2/Q3 The recent market selloff has dragged these 3 down 50% and looks like a great entry point...

When the cannabis stocks start to turn and volume finally comes in keep an eye on:
    TLRY
    HYFM
    CURLF
    GRWG
    TCNNF

I did some serious research on over 20 cannabis stocks/company's and those five are the best of the best...
    Last edited by Stone; 21 May 2022 at 16:48.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last chance to get aboard the Uranium rocket-ship that is getting ready to take off!!

For full exposure go with the URA-ETF
    For single company's you cant beat UUUU, UEC, ISENF, CCJ

Put them in your watch-list but wait until after Fridays Fed speech as the market may have one last knee jerk reaction...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Last chance to get aboard the Uranium rocket-ship that is getting ready to take off!!

For full exposure go with the URA-ETF
    For single company's you cant beat UUUU, UEC, ISENF, CCJ

Put them in your watch-list but wait until after Fridays Fed speech as the market may have one last knee jerk reaction...
    I'm out of cash, but super excited about TRELF (Formerly TCFF) getting that rig in place to the SBAS field. With the Russians cutting off Europe of gas this winter, I think we can see this stock hit $1+ soon. I kept loading up when it was sub .20 cents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm out of cash, but super excited about TRELF (Formerly TCFF) getting that rig in place to the SBAS field. With the Russians cutting off Europe of gas this winter, I think we can see this stock hit $1+ soon. I kept loading up when it was sub .20 cents.
    Stone really sent me down the rabbit hole with this one. Now that the SBAS field is starting to produce, and they may get their third line up a few weeks sooner than expected.... I really see $1 per share soon. 1-2 years, it would not surprise me if TRELF hits 2B+ market cap and returns $5+/share. I've been accumulating a few thousand here and there and over 110K Shares. Hoping to make it to 150K shares before it hits .50 cents.

Hope you guys are doing well in this bear market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the FED may finally be done phucking up the free markets... Silver has been busting a move as well the last few days, if we can stay above $22.30 she may keep going. Keep an eye on the cannibis stocks and uranium.

Cannibis:
    MSOS
    TCNNF
    GTBIF
    CURLF
    CRLBF
    GRWG

Huge fan of:

ASC
    NINE
    RIOT
    MARA
    Last edited by Stone; 2 December 2022 at 12:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bitcoin busting a move today with favorable CPI numbers and less hawkish BS from the FED. MARA and RIOT are doing well, add them to your watch/buy list...
    Silver! Looking good...

NINE is looking good as well. possibly a little oversold at this point. Still a big fan of ASC and URA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely time to shore up the homefront. Seeing some “sky is falling” type articles on main stream media about the implications of hyper inflation in the economy. Not that they are more reputable than others, but when they start talking about it also…. Just makes it feel all the more real.