Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oopps. "Turns out the earlier reports were wrong, all wrong. I guess all we can do is play you a song."

The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Turns out, this article conflicts other reports. The latest is that colt is fulfilling a contract and halting civilian sales till November.

I’m sure we’ll know a lot more before the weekend and who is fired over the PR snafu.
    November has a tendency to become, first quarter 2020, and so forth. Waiting on this a little more to see what actually happens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (September 19th, 2019) – There have been numerous articles recently published about Colt’s participation in the commercial rifle market. Some of these articles have incorrectly stated or implied that Colt is not committed to the consumer market. We want to assure you that Colt is committed to the Second Amendment, highly values its customers and continues to manufacture the world’s finest quality firearms for the consumer market.

The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity. Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts. Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles. Colt’s commitment to the consumer markets, however, is unwavering. We continue to expand our network of dealers across the country and to supply them with expanding lines of the finest quality 1911s and revolvers.

At the end of the day, we believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change. Colt has been a stout supporter of the Second Amendment for over 180 years, remains so, and will continue to provide its customers with the finest quality firearms in the world.

Very respectfully,

Dennis Veilleux, President and Chief Executive Officer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I get his point, and I'm glad that Colt is getting contracts to help keep them going and keep jobs for the employees. But I fear the message will get distorted once the internet gets a hold of this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Must be a lot of LE contracts somewhere, because most of the LE agencies in my area have moved on to other manufacturers.

I can't imagine Colt is selling a ton of MIL guns either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm guessing at the point they're at now, anything is better than nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (September 19th, 2019) – There have been numerous articles recently published about Colt’s participation in the commercial rifle market. Some of these articles have incorrectly stated or implied that Colt is not committed to the consumer market. We want to assure you that Colt is committed to the Second Amendment, highly values its customers and continues to manufacture the world’s finest quality firearms for the consumer market.

The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity. Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.

On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts. Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles. Colt’s commitment to the consumer markets, however, is unwavering. We continue to expand our network of dealers across the country and to supply them with expanding lines of the finest quality 1911s and revolvers.

At the end of the day, we believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change. Colt has been a stout supporter of the Second Amendment for over 180 years, remains so, and will continue to provide its customers with the finest quality firearms in the world.

Very respectfully,

Dennis Veilleux, President and Chief Executive Officer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know who is in charge or how big Colt is, but it seems like they have a crotchety old man that isn't willing to adapt or change things making decisions. It could be that or they have grown far too complacent in their size and 'tradition'.
    Last edited by aisahoga; 25 May 2022 at 00:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aisahoga View Post
    I don't know who is in charge or how big Colt is, but it seems like they have a crotchety old man that isn't willing to adapt or change things making decisions. It could be that or they have grown far too complacent in their size and 'tradition'.
    Dang what a necro post. Fyi colt has long since returned to the commercial market.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aisahoga View Post
    Don't worry, the old guys at CZ are in charge now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Don't worry, the old guys at CZ are in charge now.
    Damn Boomers!

"Buy a shotgun"
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!