Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

NFA is frustrating...

I got a mcx virtus 11.5 over a month ago. Within a few days I efiled a form 1. Called over a week ago to check status and they said they never recieved my fingerprints. Talked to an examiner and they found my prints and said we were good to go. I checked my email this morning and saw a change of status for my form 1. I was really excited until I saw disapproved because of unrecieved fingerprints. All I want is my sbr. Anyway, had to vent about the frustration that is the nfa.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last 4 form 4's I've had were almost or at a year.

I once had a can they lost the paperwork on... 2+ years. That was a shit show.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I emailed them today to no avail. Gonna call in the morning on my way to work. I have heard of others having similar problems and calling to fix it and it gets approved several hours later. I can only hope I am so lucky. This is my first form 1. Have a form 4 for a turbo k pending right now. And my other form 4s were approved in 6 and 7 months. So dumb to have to send fresh prints everytime. I'm waiting to shoot my mcx until it is a sbr.

Downloads
    Uploads
    5 minutes to approve a gun purchase. 525,600 minutes to approve a non-lethal suppressor.

Blood boiling, outrageous violation of the contract between citizen and government is what I call it.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Last 4 form 4's I've had were almost or at a year.

I once had a can they lost the paperwork on... 2+ years. That was a shit show.
    I could not imagine waiting over 2 years. I honestly only buy cans to protect my hearing. And because they are cool. I have a hard enough time passing my cdl physical every two years due to my already terrible hearing in my right ear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    5 minutes to approve a gun purchase. 525,600 minutes to approve a non-lethal suppressor.

Blood boiling, outrageous violation of the contract between citizen and government is what I call it.
    Couldn't agree more!

Downloads
    Uploads

And a suppressor isn't even a firearm!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately there isn’t a civilian oversight to keep the gov in check or even efficient...

FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the bad news is I have to resubmit. They still have my prints though. The good news is the refund takes only 7 days and I just have to email him my new control number and he will move it to the front of his pile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been fortunate I guess. I don't like the NFA but for the or 10 times I've submitted it worked out (although the wait varies). I've had good people help me.With suppressors it was always silencer shop and for form 1 it was always people here that gave me guidance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bball212000 View Post
    Well, the bad news is I have to resubmit. They still have my prints though. The good news is the refund takes only 7 days and I just have to email him my new control number and he will move it to the front of his pile.
    If they are going to expedite it then the saga could be over soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope it is over soon. I need my sbr. I just want it before christmas. Maybe my turbo k that's in nfa jail can be approved soon too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Typically when there's screw-ups on their end, the process is pretty quick. By the time it's made it to the point of them actually looking at approving you, everything has mostly been done. The background check doesn't take that long, so it's probably a matter of just submitting the prints for...whatever it is they do with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bball212000 View Post
    Did they elaborate on why it was rejected even after talking to an examiner?

My only real NFA Saga is playing out now; it’s the dealer that is the issue. If I hadn’t gotten the Mini-4 for so cheap I wouldn’t have bought it there because I knew it would be a hassle just had no clue it would be THIS bad. My pops got a can there before I did and they didn’t send his forms off for close to 6 weeks. He sort of got in NFA mode and stopped thinking about it and realized that his card had never been charged and called to check. Then, 8 months later he’s back in there on their pistol range after being told his stamp wasn’t there only to have someone else “find it”. Fortunately his timing was good and the approval was only a couple weeks old so they hadn’t been sitting on it too long. I don’t like harassing the NFA Branch info line but I also don’t trust this place to call me in any timely fashion. At 6 months now...at 8 months I’ll probably check on the status of it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Did they elaborate on why it was rejected even after talking to an examiner?

My only real NFA Saga is playing out now; it’s the dealer that is the issue. If I hadn’t gotten the Mini-4 for so cheap I wouldn’t have bought it there because I knew it would be a hassle just had no clue it would be THIS bad. My pops got a can there before I did and they didn’t send his forms off for close to 6 weeks. He sort of got in NFA mode and stopped thinking about it and realized that his card had never been charged and called to check. Then, 8 months later he’s back in there on their pistol range after being told his stamp wasn’t there only to have someone else “find it”. Fortunately his timing was good and the approval was only a couple weeks old so they hadn’t been sitting on it too long. I don’t like harassing the NFA Branch info line but I also don’t trust this place to call me in any timely fashion. At 6 months now...at 8 months I’ll probably check on the status of it
    It was rejected due to not having fingerprints sent in. But the examiner I spoke to had someone else find them and confirmed they had the prints. Then whoever he had talked to dropped the ball and I never got approved. He was very helpful though and did say I don't have to send prints again. And he will make sure I don't have to go through the wait again. I am just waiting on the refund because I used the rest of my "fun" money to buy some ammo. Then I can resubmit.