Downloads
    Uploads

Merry Christmas to me!

I guess my mom DOES love me afterall. Haha!! I wound up getting this for a Christmas present this year!

I知 pretty excited. This is my first foray into reloading. I have a bunch of friends who do it, who said would help me out, but I thought I壇 go ahead and ask on here too for any tips/pointers. Can稚 always get a hold of them. Can always get on here though. I値l be reloading .38/.357, .45-70, maybe .45ACP, probably 12ga at some point, and I知 ordering a .300 Win Mag Savage tomorrow, that I値l reload for. I know its not top of the line, but at the same time, it was recommended by a few people for being mostly all there. I can upgrade stuff later. I know I知 gonna need a tumbler. And dies. Shell holders/loading blocks. What else do you recommend? On the tumbler idea, what seems to be the best overall media to use? I知 gonna need to build a bench also, so, what kind of bench setups does everyone have? I know this was kinda long winded, so, thanks! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -NRA Life Member

-Harleys. Mustangs. When in doubt, throttle out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!!

I’ve reloaded the normal 9,45,300,223/556,308 off and in for years..So when u got a question..post up!!

That rock checker is a great press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a solid press that should serve you well for many years.

For getting started on the cheap and for small batches, I like the Harbor Freight Rock Tumbler with stainless steel media (amazon) and wet tumble.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGearhead View Post
    I know I’m gonna need a tumbler. And dies. Shell holders/loading blocks. What else do you recommend? On the tumbler idea, what seems to be the best overall media to use? I’m gonna need to build a bench also, so, what kind of bench setups does everyone have? I know this was kinda long winded, so, thanks! Haha.
    Southern Shine media is the best overall value I have ever used.

One thing I would definitely recommend is getting a powder throw and a good balance beam scale.

As far as tips go, I have a bunch. It just depends on what you are specifically doing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing to keep an eye on that will save you a lot of headaches and will allow for you to expand out in the future is to get an Inline Fabrication mount. I have the one with the quick detach plates and I don't know how I went so long without it. It's definitely worth the investment in my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice!!

I致e reloaded the normal 9,45,300,223/556,308 off and in for years..So when u got a question..post up!!

That rock checker is a great press.
    Okay, will do. Thank you!

That was the general consensus when I was asking around. Good to know though that another person thinks the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    That's a solid press that should serve you well for many years.

For getting started on the cheap and for small batches, I like the Harbor Freight Rock Tumbler with stainless steel media (amazon) and wet tumble.
    I was thinking about one of those tumblers, but didn稚 know how good/bad it would be. I guess just get the warranty on it, and use the hell out of it. Haha.

Media wise. Are there different sizes, like sizes of rocks you buy, or is it a general size and just different types? I read somewhere about using corn cob media because it worked pretty well and consistent. I have no problem with SS media, just seems like maybe its more of a personal preference?

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Southern Shine media is the best overall value I have ever used.

One thing I would definitely recommend is getting a powder throw and a good balance beam scale.

As far as tips go, I have a bunch. It just depends on what you are specifically doing.
    Okay. I値l look into it. Thanks.

I知 working up a list of things I知 gonna need before I start. Haha.

Yeah. Thats completely understandable. I guess when I start actually doing it and have questions, I値l ask then.

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Another thing to keep an eye on that will save you a lot of headaches and will allow for you to expand out in the future is to get an Inline Fabrication mount. I have the one with the quick detach plates and I don't know how I went so long without it. It's definitely worth the investment in my opinion.
    I think I saw your thread about that and actually looked/read through it. Seems like a genius idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -NRA Life Member

-Harleys. Mustangs. When in doubt, throttle out!