Product description and more photos here

I've been carrying the Samson Field Survivor at the range during in-service quals and during a patrol rifle class. The tool stows in the standard A2 type pistol grip. It snugly fit in a Colt and Armalite unit, but refused to seat all the way into a Stag grip. Samson advises that it will also fit in a Hogue Rev2 grip, which I did not have available. I did confirm that it did not fit in an early Hogue.

Once the tool was secured in the grip it appeared unlikely to drop out on it's own. The bottom unit protruded about 1/4 of an inch from the grip. Removal was easy enough after rotating the bottom piece a quarter turn and pulling it straight down.

After having the tool available for use, I found that it actually became more of a novelty than something I would utilize on a regular basis.

* Broken shell extractor: I can't recall ever needing one.
* Wire brush for bore cleaning: I wonder if replacements are available to replace worn out ones.
* Ampule for oil for one field lube: Neat idea, but just about impossible to fill.
* Cable to pull the brush through the bore: Not a Bore Snake, but it works.
* Carbon scrapping tool: I used this on a few carriers. It gets most of the accumulation broken up.
* Flat blade screwdriver: Always good to have.
* Feed lip adjustment tool: I usually trash a bad mag instead of trying to fix it.
* Gas key cleaning tool: Not used.
* Cotter pin hook: I use whatever is handy at the time.
* Strike Plate: I don't consider the bottom of the pistol grip to be something I would use for strikes.
* Front sight adjustment tool: Handy to have.
* Magazine feed lip gauge: See above.

Even though the bulk and weight are minimal, I don't see a time when I would need it in the weapon. I'll have it handy elsewhere.

List price is $119.