Downloads
    Uploads

Rimfire can suggestions

I have one rimfire suppressor which is a Griffin Optimus micro.

My goal is to have at least two cans for each caliber that I regularly shoot which leads me to the discussion topic.

I have been eyeballing the can from rugged for a long time. When I went online window shopping the dead air mask also seems good too.

The only requirement build wise is that the baffles are stainless steel or otherwise can be tumbled or ultra sonic cleaned.

I don't know anything about dead air but I also think there might be other good options out there.

Among the above two what would you pick and why? Any other options would be appreciated as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Q Erector, sorry.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been very happy with my 22Sparrow suppressors ... and I use "The Dip" to clean them once in a great while.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Q Erector, sorry.
    Uh. No.

I am not a big fan of the Q guy.

That said the El Camino is pretty attractive but not that erector.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 11 February 2020 at 15:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Been very happy with my 22Sparrow suppressors ... and I use "The Dip" to clean them once in a great while.
    I will have to look at that one. Now that I look at it there are a ton in the 22 realm that are good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stainless steel baffle designs haven't changed much over the last decade. I'd just get whatever one you like the looks of or whatever fits your budget. They all sound the same to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Stainless steel baffle designs haven't changed much over the last decade. I'd just get whatever one you like the looks of or whatever fits your budget. They all sound the same to me.
    It seems to me that suppressing a .22 isn't a crazy hard thing to do. Almost all the cans meter near each other with some exceptions. It comes down to the ease of maintenance and long term durability (and maybe accessories and support). Modularity is another thing. Some cans are not one trick ponies. My Micro can be put on a 5.56 without worry and has various mounting options. Plus its so over built it's ridiculous (a good thing regarding durability).

If I go down the road of that thinking the Rugged would be my top choice because it can be put in shorty mode and it appears to be solidly built. Honestly that is where I am leaning and from what little I know the Rugged guy is a pretty stand up dude from what I hear. No bullshit, responsive to customers, etc.

That said the Mask is apparently the most popular rimfire can at Silencer Shop which says a lot. I don't know a thing about Dead Air though. On the SS website they say you can get a thread adapter which I would assume accommodates the various funky thread pitches on rimfire pistols.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might want to wait until Sig releases their 3D-printed Titanium cans. Not that a .22 can is heavy, but if the price is competitive it might be a really good option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Might want to wait until Sig releases their 3D-printed Titanium cans. Not that a .22 can is heavy, but if the price is competitive it might be a really good option.
    What's the expected time frame on that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ever think about building one of your own? Seems right up your alley, Alamo. And the Form 1 would only take a few weeks to clear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Ever think about building one of your own? Seems right up your alley, Alamo. And the Form 1 would only take a few weeks to clear.
    Actually yes I have. The problem is I don't have the right tools I don't think to get it done. If I could reasonably do it myself I would be all over that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Listening to the DIY options..are they worth it? Maybe another topic..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Listening to the DIY options..are they worth it? Maybe another topic..
    If I could do it I would make all of mine. Maybe I need to find a friend with a machine shop to do some hands on consulting.

I could probably make one now but it would come out shitty looking.

Many moons ago I tried to help a friend make a form 1 can and I got frustrated with it. I definitely know a lot more now than then but without the right tooling for the job it's not as easy as it looks.

With the right tools it would be alright.

Downloads
    Uploads