Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
I’m just pointing out you said ARs arent the best platform because they need tuning, and then said you tuned the rifle that is a better substitute. Kind of made me chuckle

My test photo up there WAS gassy and that was the point of doing it. There was zero gas mitigation in place. But it was literally all out of the ejection port. No watery eyes etc, to counter your statement of: “Everyone can attest to the fact suppressing 5.56 in an AR is not only loud, but lots of gas in the face”. Granted my experiment is a sample size of one, but not all ARs are the same, which is the point: none of my other ARs are like the one in the picture.

Saying a SCAR is a better suppressor host than an AR is like saying a Corvette is better than all other cars with two doors. One very specific example to a very very broad and heterogenous category.
Weird analogy. But... I guess I should have clarified. The SCAR doesn't need to be tuned to be a better host than an AR. What I was trying to say is that much like a lot of people, I got it tuned so I could squeeze every last bit of performance out of it.
To me the AR is a poor host, and yeah you can put adjustable gas blocks, gas vents, adjustable carriers, gimmicky charging handles and it will mitigate a little gas, but still won't be a better host than an off the shelf unmodified SCAR. After the average Joe builds himself an AR and throws all the gimmick gas mitigation parts in there, he might has well have spent the money for a SCAR.
The SCAR off the shelf is better than the best tuned AR out there.

Your photo of the gas cloud on a well respected name in the AR business kind of illustrates my point. The death cloud just didn't happen to be in the area of your face.