Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive got a Q Erector that works great on my 10/22. 1st SS baffle followed by aluminum ones. It does get a little louder the less baffles you use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne_EWO View Post
    Ive got a Q Erector that works great on my 10/22. 1st SS baffle followed by aluminum ones. It does get a little louder the less baffles you use.

Ya they have good stats, but look a little Star Wars ‘ish....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Ya they have good stats, but look a little Star Wars ‘ish....
    Maybe a little, but it goes well with Magpul FDE.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I’d look at the Rugged Oculus and the CGS group Hydra (2 versions, AL or SS) or Siren (22lr only, carbon fiber tube)

It also depends on your host. If you want something to stay on a rimfire Rifle

If you could find a Sparrow in stock somewhere, it would be awesome. Older but one of the best
    Thanks for bs’ing back and forth..I’m sorta like Alamo and need to break it all down..

Ok, so rimfire cans I’ve been reading lots and watching videos, as well as listening as it seeing what you guys are saying , different tones etc..

This will not be my only rimfire can, I can see I’m gonna need atleast 2....

So looking at these ones and out of them all only 1 is available right now at silencer shop...the CGS Hydra Al.

- Dead air mask -titanium tube/stainless baffles - 6.5 oz —-$400

-rugged oculus - all stainless - 6.9 oz = long config. 4.3 short —-$400

- yhm stinger -aluminum tube/stainless baffles - 6 oz —-$269

- CGS hydra Al -17-4 stainless mount/6061 tube/7075 anodized baffles - 3.1 oz ——$250

So my list is a little of the best, lightweight, modular rugged oculus, which I don’t really need the modular aspect but it’s all stainless.

The stinger is well built for what it is, skirted k baffles

And the cgs , which is the best low end contender looking at the stats and price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne_EWO View Post
    Maybe a little, but it goes well with Magpul FDE.

I was playing...sorta...Looks good..

damnit..I’m gonna hate the wait..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Q el camino, albeit a weird name for a can, lol

Has decent looking specs and a little cheaper then the mask and oculus. 4.3 ounces and titanium tube with stainless baffles...again though , on backorder..

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Q el camino, albeit a weird name for a can, lol

Has decent looking specs and a little cheaper then the mask and oculus. 4.3 ounces and titanium tube with stainless baffles...again though , on backorder..
    But....it’s a Q can

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for bs’ing back and forth..I’m sorta like Alamo and need to break it all down..
    Honestly I obviously understand. Getting a can is like getting married sort of. Once you choose one you are attached to it forever in one way or another. That being understood don't let $100 stand in your way for a purchase that can last you tens or thousands of rounds or more and have years and years of service life. Pick the can that meets your criteria and let the price be not so much the determining factor. If you have to save up another month to get the extra hundred bucks, do it.

I couldn't be more pleased with my optimus micro. That said I am having an internal debate myself for a can that could spend more time on a pistol. On a rifle length and weight is almost a non issue for 99% of the people. The micro is the heaviest rimfire can out there and on a rifle I don't even notice it. On a pistol I do a little more but it's not so bad. That said things like running the occulus in the short configuration would obviously be much louder on a pistol but it would be great for a little back pack situation. It would be nice to try one out before I commit but that said I am confident in Rugged's reputation and quality. I have not seen a bad report yet on their suppressors or them as a company for that matter.

A note regarding bad reviews of a company though...it's kind of like reading reviews on Amazon. If you have 999 that are good and 1 that says it sucks there are things such as dumbasses on the planet. That said if you have 500 good and 500 bad, there might be something to that.

After you figure out which host and are somewhat confident in the back up from the company then it's a matter of the host and the construction you like. There are some things like 'baffle design' that obviously matter A LOT but if you are like me you let other people figure that stuff out for you. I am not an early adopter of new calibers or products per se. I want cans that have a proven track record. It makes me feel a whole lot better when I have those 999 people that can vouch and make me a lot more confident in my purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like my Occulus. I have nothing to compare it to, though, so I can't say it's any better than anything else out there, but I'm very happy with it. I generally leave it in the full size config and it's usually on my 10/22. I just realized I don't have any photos of the final result of my Kidd build, but here are some pics on handguns

Downloads
    Uploads
    But....it’s a Q can
    Remember I’m.kinda new to the scene..

What’s the story behind Q?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boiler- thanks for the info and pics. The oculus looks like a good choice, the slight extra gift the modular design does nothing for me, I’ve seen the videos. No thanks con losing half the quietness just for a hair shorter . The materials used is what I’m looking at

Alamo- I read that twice. I totally get the spend more now approach, but I am going to have to have 2 rimfire cans..I can see it now.

The main problem is most is out of stock.

So a super built can and a kinda lighter one are what I’m looking at.

Hosts again are std 10/22 , 16” .22 ar, m&p .22 pistol.. so nothing crazy. Maybe a short barreled 10/22 build in the next year..

Downloads
    Uploads
    As this thing needs a can..bought it just for that years ago, hardly shot it..lol..painted it and shot 5 rds out of it..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember I’m.kinda new to the scene..

What’s the story behind Q?
    A huge industry pot stirrer. Pretends he invented like everything silencer related desipite patents and facts that prove otherwise and the whole stalking his ex-wife/arrest/mugshot thing. I don’t want to give money to that

And I’ve seen some really really worn baffles with low round counts and absolutely cooked welds

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.tacswap.com/post/5e6457fb305a72012bd7345e

Here are two .22 cans that could work for your price range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Airborne- thanks for looking out! Unfortunately all nfa dealers are $100 and up so that makes a decent deal not a great deal by the time another bill is added.. Unless it was a have to have

Boiler- you go thru SS or have a good dealer around? Hard to find anyone with any stock

A huge industry pot stirrer. Pretends he invented like everything silencer related desipite patents and facts that prove otherwise and the whole stalking his ex-wife/arrest/mugshot thing. I don’t want to give money to that

And I’ve seen some really really worn baffles with low round counts and absolutely cooked welds
    Ok...I remember that crap....