Downloads
    Uploads

Is anyone familiar with the workings of a Tavor?

A friend of mine in another state bought a 5.56 suppressor and it turns out that he is wanting to use it on a Tavor.

I don't know anything about the inner workings of that kind of firearm so I can't help him to tune the suppressed gun in. A long time ago I was telling him how I use heavier buffers or whatever on my ARs.

I am assuming there is some sort of buffer system but any insight into that platform would help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The exact weapon is the X95. I don't know anything about the rifle or even if he's having malfunctions but he would like to start out learning more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a SAR-16. It's the older version prior to the X95. There is no buffer like in an AR. Nothing to tune but the gas system, and it's not adjustable. I've seen a few suppressed Tavors on YouTube and nobody I've seen has specifically called out any issues. I know Nutnfancy was running his suppressed for a long time and he never complained about malfunctions. Your friend will probably be just fine adding a can to his X95 without any modification at all. Actually sounds like a nice handy package ... I really like mine!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Grab the Midwest industries ejection port cover, it seals against gasses better than the factory one. Suppressing Tavors just suck though
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a Tavor expert, don't even own one, but everytime I've shot one suppressed, it's 10x worse than an AR. Some guns just don't suppress well, the Tavor is one of them. Tell him to get a SCAR