I have been looking online and numerous people all claim that subsonic 300 BLK is "dirty" and causes more build up in a suppressor than other types of ammo or calibers. I guess this though is out there because it's not really hot enough to really blow out the can like a normal high performance round would.

As an experiment I'm wondering what the weight/round count vs the list weight of the suppressors you have are.

My 30 caliber can has over 2000 rounds (at least) and probably closer to 3000 with 90 to 95% of them all being subs. At present my can weighs about .6oz more than the list weight.

It's inevitable that a can will have carbon and other fouling that will eventually increase in the suppressor but I'm just wondering how much is "normal".

I doubt that all suppressors will meet the exact weight listed straight out of the box but it probably won't be wildly off either.

If you have a scale handy and a 30 caliber can (preferably something with a higher round count regardless of caliber) it would be interesting to compare a sample size bigger than just one.

Please post the info below or if you have any other data please provide it as well.

(Side note: this came about from a discussion about user serviceable cans, particularly for certain calibers or special use items.

For example I think a suppressed lever action would be cool, or maybe something else with cast bullets or whatever might be cool as well , but it also it might make sense to have a serviceable can in those situations)