Thread: Is this Legal?

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this Legal?

Moore Ammunition has sent me a few emails on how to "Legally build a Silencer, at home, etc.." Is this legal? I've always heard it was illegal as hell, and I'm too old for prison. Seriously, I'm wondering what's up with this? I did build one .357 Sig Glock 80% kits,
    but I don't want to get into some super grey area. I would just buy one or two, but I hate dealing with the NFA stuff, for reasons I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can Form 1 your own suppressor.

Lot of cheapo kits out there for sub $50 you can DIY at home, but you still have to fill out an ATF Form 1 and wait for approval before you can start drilling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You can Form 1 your own suppressor.

Lot of cheapo kits out there for sub $50 you can DIY at home, but you still have to fill out an ATF Form 1 and wait for approval before you can start drilling.
    Thanks, UW. If I have to go through that, I guess I'd just as soon do it the "normal" way.

FT.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know... I think the DIY cans are kind of neat. My buddy Ben at AR15News got a DIY kit for like $200, which included the thread on adapter, after some drilling he got himself a pretty nice functioning can for a lot less than a $800 name brand suppressor. And an ATF Form 1 can be approved in less than a month.

I may try it out at some point when I get the new house set up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I don't know... I think the DIY cans are kind of neat. My buddy Ben at AR15News got a DIY kit for like $200, which included the thread on adapter, after some drilling he got himself a pretty nice functioning can for a lot less than a $800 name brand suppressor. And an ATF Form 1 can be approved in less than a month.

I may try it out at some point when I get the new house set up.
    This exactly. Places online can’t keep the better kits stocked it’s such an easy option now. Get the stamp back, drill for a few minutes, coat with hi temp grill paint and go

I’ve thought about doing it for a lightweight .30 cal hunting can. Something I’ll use like five times a year tops. Might not be AS good, but it’ll be a quarter of the price and I can put the difference to that Marlin Dark .30-30 I have my eye on. Grew up hunting with a lever action .30-30 Marlin so I really want to set up a “modern” version with a reflex red dot or 1-4x and a can

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    This exactly. Places online can’t keep the better kits stocked it’s such an easy option now.
    Which kits are considered the better or best ones?

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-exc...it-158033.html

This seems interesting, they are sold out. Took 9 months for my form 4 and 3 weeks for my form 1 SBR. Wonder how long a form 1 suppressor would take. Contemplating grabbing one when they come back in stock for a 8" ppc i have.
    Last edited by Naytwan; 25 May 2020 at 22:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    https://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-exc...it-158033.html

This seems interesting, they are sold out. Took 9 months for my form 4 and 3 weeks for my form 1 SBR. Wonder how long a form 1 suppressor would take. Contemplating grabbing one when they come back in stock for a 8" ppc i have.
    I keep hearing they're the best of the DIY cans, because of the modularity.

Their instagram post a lot of useful pics, especially of the different mounting systems you can use. https://www.instagram.com/jkarmament...OOGtRvlXl7BfC8