Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
I have to admit, now that I'm shooting 6mm Creedmoor the ARC is a bit more interesting for the AR platform. Still not a fan of the 7.62x39/6.5 Grendel bolt face, though, and I really don't have a use for it, but it is interesting.

I'm sticking with Berger for the Creed, 105 VLD Target and 108 Boat Tail Target. If you shoot VLD, they can be happy with a crazy amount of jump
I've heard people say that way back when that their bolts would crack or whatever, but I think that was part of the growing pains that started with the Grendel and stuck around via gunlore. Who knows, it might be true but I've never seen anyone have a problem. I certainly don't run high pressure max loads in anything.

I have been contemplating building a gun that will get me to 1K+ for a really long time. I was saving up to get nicer stuff and at one point I had a large frame reciever set in my cart but ultimately I decided to hold off. Then along came this 6 ARC and it checked more than one box so I jumped on it, plus it was really low hanging fruit so to speak cost wise. At the time I had nothing to plug the hole in between 600 and 1K.

Anyway now I absolutely love it. I am learning a ton about it's nuances in the process. I would definitely love to try other bullets too. I will eventually if things ever get back in stock.