Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Thanks. I couldn't remember the exact number for the life of me. I knew it was just over an inch, not an actual inch.

Still not a bad group for day one with some new bullets.

.257 MOA group ain't too shabby.
    Very nice….

I may have missed it, but what was your final setup to include glass?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Very nice….

I may have missed it, but what was your final setup to include glass?
    Tip to tail I have a Griffin Explorr 30 with a 6.5 cal taper mount device. A custom 24" McGowan barrel, bead blasted with flutes. A Cross Machine handguard and a matching Cross Machine slick side upper. BCG is a RCA, POF Strike Eagle charging handle. Scope mount is a Griffin SPRM 15MOA, and the optic is a Vortex Strike Eagle with a MIL reticle.

I am using the lower from one of my other rifles, matching Cross Machine lower, of course with a single stage CMC flat face drop in trigger. I will build a dedicated lower for this gun most likely. I built the upper to get it shooting and work out any possible kinks and to verify that I want to be in this caliber before I went all in.

It's pretty cool having (easily) a 1,000 yard gun not much bigger than a regular old AR. I chose the longer barrel because I wanted to...but I think if you are not going to shoot past 1K you could get away with an 18 inch barrel most likely.

If I can score some more bullets I will take this one to a grand and beyond. All I have available on a regular basis is 1,400 yards so I think this will get there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tip to tail I have a Griffin Explorr 30 with a 6.5 cal taper mount device. A custom 24" McGowan barrel, bead blasted with flutes. A Cross Machine handguard and a matching Cross Machine slick side upper. BCG is a RCA, POF Strike Eagle charging handle. Scope mount is a Griffin SPRM 15MOA, and the optic is a Vortex Strike Eagle with a MIL reticle.

I am using the lower from one of my other rifles, matching Cross Machine lower, of course with a single stage CMC flat face drop in trigger. I will build a dedicated lower for this gun most likely. I built the upper to get it shooting and work out any possible kinks and to verify that I want to be in this caliber before I went all in.

It's pretty cool having (easily) a 1,000 yard gun not much bigger than a regular old AR. I chose the longer barrel because I wanted to...but I think if you are not going to shoot past 1K you could get away with an 18 inch barrel most likely.

If I can score some more bullets I will take this one to a grand and beyond. All I have available on a regular basis is 1,400 yards so I think this will get there.
    I see Hornady 105s here semi regularly

Are the 108s ELDs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I see Hornady 105s here semi regularly

Are the 108s ELDs?
    I am not quite sure of your question. I have experimented with two bullets but that is mainly because of availability. The first ones I tried were 112 grain Barnes but I had mixed results accuracy wise.

Later on I found some 108 grain Hornady projectiles and I shot a quarter MOA group on the first day of testing. It seems like those bullets have been more available so I bought 500 of them. I am keen to try some Berger 109's and a few from Sierra but they are all vaporware.

I did shoot some 105's in factory ammo a while back. I bought it to harvest the brass before I was able to get some Starline.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not quite sure of your question. I have experimented with two bullets but that is mainly because of availability. The first ones I tried were 112 grain Barnes but I had mixed results accuracy wise.

Later on I found some 108 grain Hornady projectiles and I shot a quarter MOA group on the first day of testing. It seems like those bullets have been more available so I bought 500 of them.
    I think he's asking if the 108s are these: https://www.hornady.com/bullets/rifl...r-eld-match#!/

Downloads
    Uploads

Later on I found some 108 grain Hornady projectiles and I shot a quarter MOA group on the first day of testing. It seems like those bullets have been more available so I bought 500 of them. I am keen to try some Berger 109's and a few from Sierra but they are all vaporware.

I did shoot some 105's in factory ammo a while back. I bought it to harvest the brass before I was able to get some Starline.
    I was wondering if the 108gr bullets you used were ELDs or the regular BTHPs. I haven’t seen anything but 105s locally

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I was wondering if the 108gr bullets you used were ELDs or the regular BTHPs. I haven’t seen anything but 105s locally
    I saw a single box on the shelf at my local Academy Sporting Goods store and bought it on a whim to test out. Later on I bought more online. The availability online is getting better, at least for those bullets. Other things are still not to be found.

https://driftersgear.com/products/hr...43-108gr-100ct