Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    What...that’s all you got..lol
    No, 3 page rebuttal

No fanboy here, I just don’t need to jump on every new thing brought out. Plenty of non mainstream cartridges that will smoke the 6mm arc and grendel...
    I am not here to convince you to like my choices. The tone of your replies here says your mind is already made up. No amount of typing will change that and it certainly won't provide any validation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    When new calibers come out they can create an interesting and attractive option for shooters looking to fulfill the role that the new caliber serves, but if a shooter already has a caliber in that category it may not provide a compelling reason to switch. For example, shooters of the .260 Remington didn't understand the "hype" of the 6.5 Creed and if you were happy with your .260 there is really no reason to drop it and switch over to CM (at least, for most shooters). But if you were looking to do something different than .308 then CM might be a better choice over .260R. What I don't get is the religion some folks get over their choices. Options are good and new stuff is fun. All cartridge designs had design goals and constraints and we continue to learn. That's the nature of engineering. What I find amusing is that the past decade or so seems to be a ballistic renaissance of lessons that the Swedes and Swiss learned about a hundred years ago with the 6.5x55 and GP11, respectively.
    My whole reason for building a 6 ARC was because it was low hanging fruit for a goal of mine. I didn't own a 1000+ yard gun. I've been wanting one for quite a long time and I was working towards that goal. I still will build or buy something nice when the opportunity arises. Then all of the sudden 6ARC came out and it was low hanging fruit. For the cost of an upper I could do it while I get the rest of my crap together. If I already had a 1000 yard gun the odds of me building a 6ARC would have been very low. That said the capabilities it brings to a standard AR platform is very interesting.

It wasn't 15 minutes from the announcement of the ARC that the Grendel boys were screaming and flooding the internet with how bad it sucked. Having never seen one, held one, or shot one, they all 'knew' it sucked. I really don't understand that mindset. It's not like this is some turf war, at least not to me.

The 6 ARC does what I want it to do. If it doesn't all I am out is maybe the cost of an upper, but really not even that. Hell, when they released load data I looked and had 16 unopened pounds of the prime powder(s) for 6 ARC. For me it was 'hell, all I need is some brass and bullets' type of thinking which largely is still true. Like I said, it was low hanging fruit to accomplish a goal of shooting beyond 1000 yards for as cheaply as I can.

All that being said there is very little on the 6 ARC that hasn't been tested extensively. Bullets? People have been shooting 6mm forever. There is a whole big selection of bullets out there. Unlike the 224Valkyrie it wasn't relying on a single bullet type to make it's claims work. Mags? People have been shooting those Grendel mags for a while now. The ARC was a new soup made from a ton of old technology that just happened to be applied into a new cartridge. When 6.5 Creed came out no one was saying 'the mags will suck' simply because it uses the same mags. Pretty much the same thing is true with the 6 ARC.

In my analysis of things I quickly turned away from the Valkyrie. That said I liked the ARC 100x more because there weren't any obvious failure points or huge 'unknowns' that I could find.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol..yep..I’m not reading all that and replying..my mind is made up, it’s just another novelty round that will die...

Another one to look at is the 6mm creedmoor. More powder room for dem 6mm freedom seeds

But, for the sake of science.. update us on how it works out..

And for the phuck Ing record..No grendel fan boy here.. always been a 6.5 fan. Since my first intro to it..260
    I got the barrel for free thru some trades and got some ammo for cheap a few years back for the brass , so it worked out.
    Another positive for the grendel is the cheap steel case Ammo for blasting and steel..it’s actually pretty accurate , and for what I payed for it .29 cents a rd.. cheaper then 556 in every way and accurate enough for .I don’t shoot it as much as I need more Mag in the scope department to actually shoot groups at range..
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 25 June 2021 at 18:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some (not very good) 6 ARC info:

https://youtu.be/OC2E2IkXAC0

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post

Consensus is he's full of shit. That said I still have not been able to fully test mine yet. Others that post in other forums have a different experience.

Hopefully I will be able to test mine out soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Consensus is he's full of shit.
    FoS in what way? Intentionally shooting 3" groups with the factory stuff?

Downloads
    Uploads
    An update from Eagle Eye:

https://youtu.be/ZG71DSu9sbY

Downloads
    Uploads
    And another:

https://youtu.be/xy9gHwtB8sQ

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like a really thin faxon barrel

The 24” Bartlein 6ARC by Craddock I dropped in my friends Seekins set is ridiculously accurate with white box Hornady ELD ammo.

You get what you pay for. Not that Faxon is a bottom of the barrel brand but I know that Bartlein will shoot before I even buy it.

$320 vs $712

Downloads
    Uploads
    Using the video of that guy fumbling his way into a poor group as proof of poor performance is like getting your weather from the neighbor then blaming the radar for inaccuracies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dood blames the ammo when his kid outshot him, cold.

Seems full of it to me!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another video from Eagle Eye:

https://youtu.be/7ArCIa71Z6A

Downloads
    Uploads
    That guy's videos seem like he's trying to sell something. Whether it's barrels or gunsmithing services it really comes across like that to me.

Those cartridges, the 6.5 Grendel and 6mmARC are both handloading cartridges for the most part. The Grendel has more offerings because it's been around a lot longer, but his primary basis for the series is that (according to him) 6ARC factory ammo won't shoot in his guns. Then he says 6 ARC is jump sensitive so he says he wants to "fix it".

While I don't doubt that you could tailor make a barrel for a given bullet the 6 ARC is still quite new. There is still an on going debate about barrel twist. Personally I think anything 20 to maybe 22 inches or shorter should have a 1:7 twist as the standard for "generic" barrels.

Again he is talking about a different metric in barrel manufacturing. For me having a barrel with jump set up for the whole range of 6mm bullets vs something really specific is definitely something to watch (that is if it ever even becomes an issue). If I can make my gun shoot half a minute I'll be good to go. I won't even bother trying to do that with factory ammo though.

I have a very specific niche that I want this to fill. I'm not going to be gopher hunting with light weight bullets. I want mine to fill a gap between 500 yards and 1000 + yards. I will take mine farther than that but I have a specific thing I want to do.

All in all I think it will be really hard to make a gun shoot everything good. Shooting 80 grain all the way up to 115 grain and expecting perfection at every step along the way isn't realistic in my opinion.

The 6ARC is really a diverse cartridge, sort of like the 300 BLK. Some of the reports for a 12.5" SBR in 6ARC are impressive. Likewise they are being shot out to a mile.

While I think there is plenty of room to go off in the weeds tailor making a barrel for a given application, I don't think his claim that it's "an inherently inaccurate cartridge" are true at all. And I'm not comparing it to the 6.5 Grendel either. If you like it, shoot it. It's all welcome as far as I am concerned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On a separate note this Rainier Arms barrel looks really good. The only thing I question is the need for a +2 gas system. Even a +1 might be ok but I don't see the need for it based on my really limited use.

I'm sure it will probably be a great shooter though. If I hadn't just put together my upper I would jump on it.

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...fle-barrel-22/

Downloads
    Uploads
    @alamo5000

How's your 6 ARC performing? Have you had a chance to wring it out now that you've got your scope stuff figured out?

Downloads
    Uploads
    @alamo5000

How's your 6 ARC performing? Have you had a chance to wring it out now that you've got your scope stuff figured out?

Not yet. I have been extremely busy with other things. Also components are at a premium still. I only have one type of bullet to try.

That all being said I am about to start load development soon I hope.