Normally I am pretty skeptical of many 'new' untested things in the firearms world. For example right off the bat I was pretty suspicious so to speak of the 224 Valkyrie. In 99% of the cases that caliber works, but it didn't take all that long to expose some of the weakness in that design. With this new 6ARC though I don't really have those same kind of questions. The reason being is that it looks like they took a ton of long time tested components and married them together into something new.

The 6mm bullet selection for example is routinely shot out to well over 1,000++ yards in all sorts of competitions. Unlike that 90grain SMK that was supposed to be paired with the Valkyrie they have no such bugs with twist rates or whatever in the 6mm world. It's all pretty much standard stuff, just married in a different way.

To have a legit 1,000 yard gun in a standard AR size platform, like the Valkyrie, is very interesting. Obviously I haven't shot the 6ARC but my first impressions are basically 'where do I sign up?'. My only real question about the whole thing now is pretty much all around magazines and (for me) brass. What is the price and availability, and selection looking like?

From the page linked below the magazines will be 24 or 17 round, out of what I assume would be the same footprint size as a standard 30 round or 20 round AR mag.

They definitely have my attention for sure.

"U.S. Military Adopts Hornady's New Cartridge: 6mm ARC"

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...6mm-arc/376852