Thread: Optimus Gen 2

Downloads
    Uploads

Optimus Gen 2

That QD pistol attachment is pretty awesome. Those new baffles look interesting too. I don't have an Optimus but this is pretty cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Supposedly that QD pistol quick attach is not exclusively for this suppressor.

"It will fit any Griffin can ever made that uses a piston. We are also making pistons for other brands as well."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the first gen optimus and a 1st gen Revo 45. The new ones have come a long way.

I use the Optimus on .308, 300 BO, 223/5.56, 9MM and 22LR

I didn’t want to own a bunch of different suppressors.

Still love my Griffin stuff. Super versatile and well made. I will say the newer Revos are much better made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    The baffles can be upgraded for $125 I think

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking about this for a 9mm can. Still a fan of versatility and not motivated at all to put them on every firearm.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Optimus Gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Thinking about this for a 9mm can. Still a fan of versatility and not motivated at all to put them on every firearm.
    Ditto. It’s not as easy to move them around as they make it seem. Especially when they are dirty. But it’s also not super complicated. Depending on if your switching calibers there may be lots of little critical things you have to change or risk breaking stuff. Easier than owning 10 different cans for me personally . That being sad, I am thinking about getting a dedicated 22LR can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dedicated cans are the way to go. Find yourself a perfect host and stick with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Dedicated cans are the way to go. Find yourself a perfect host and stick with it.
    This is my approach as well. I've even bought suppressors before I had the host to be honest. Mainly because of the nfa process being what it is.

That said I can see the benefits of a universal can for some people. The guy that has 5 kids and generally speaking can't drop all the coin on multiple cans it definitely sounds great to him.

The only multi cal can that I looked at was the bushwhacker but not because it's multi caliber. In the end though I am very far away from building a 458 socom blaster so it's not on the table yet. Should I ever become independently wealthy it's on the list though.

Next up for me is getting a few nice hosts that will all be suppressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the QD / mini taper mount for pistols is definitely innovative for sure. For those that have multiple hosts it will make life a lot easier. You can go from a Sig 13.5 x 1 left handed thread pistol to a 1/2 x 28 pistol without ever taking down your can or swapping pistons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Won’t lie I’m going to get one.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, this might be my next can. Was looking at the Rugged for my next 9mm can, but I'm quite intrigued by the eco baffles reduce pressure as my MPX could probably benefit from that.