I'm hoping to get some input/direction on a couple of items that I plan to put in a "ditch bag." What I'm asking for here isn't a complete list of items that will go in the bag, but instead I'm asking for specific suggestions for some items I haven't finalized.

Planned usage: I'm planning on flying across the southern US in a private plane in a couple of months and there will be several long stretches where Personnel Recovery will take some time. These items would go into a small bag that I can pull out and move around with in order to seek shelter until recovery.

Items in question (this list may grow):

1) Fixed blade knife. I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive, lightweight, that will hold it's edge, and can live in a scabbard. I've poked around on Blade HQ at fixed blades, and they have some recommendations, but there's tons of options. The intent isn't to live off the land for weeks. I'm thinking blade size more than 6" is probably overkill.

2) 550 cord. Anyone have a decent source that isn't crap? Something where the sheath of the line doesn't start slipping down the individual cords when you cut it.

3) "Fire rock." Admittedly, I haven't researched this one yet, so I'm being lazy and asking here. Just looking for something to strike off of with a blade (or rock). I'm not interested in the one-handed kinetic starters. The few times I've used those, they always seemed easily worn out.

4) Flashlight. I can't come up with a reason to not just grab another G2X Pro and some batteries. I have several of these and they're pretty bullet proof and lightweight. Rechargeable isn't desired.

Thoughts?