Thread: Alignment rods

Downloads
    Uploads

Alignment rods

Ok. Kinda thinking too hard so thought I would ask. Since I know lots of members here have cans.

Alignment rods. I’ve seen the cheap diy options and still sorta up in the air about that. I haven’t looked hard but seen a few from 30-70 a pop. Humm.

Are they really needed ? Heard the old trick is to just look down the bore against a wall or something..But ?

223,308,6.5 and 22 rimfire are the calibers I’m throwing cans on for now.

Opinions? Options?

I’m all ears....

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's that much off it will be very noticeable in my opinion. If you aren't sure then take it to a gunsmith or borrow the rods from a friend. I just eyeballed mine and they have been fine.

Depending on the situation if your barrel is from a quality manufacturer I don't think you need to worry. Also depending on the can make sure you check everything after the muzzle device has been installed. I heard of one guy that installed his MD with a crush washer and it caused a bit of a headache.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear ya...Just getting my ducks in a row so to speak..

Seen the diy McMaster-Carr rods..then see the overpriced G rods..

Don’t have any friends with rods and got a email into my nfa dood to see if he has some, to visually check once and I think, as long as stuff stays tight-MD- it should be fine with a eyeball check..