Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    How many of ya have tried a raptor SD?
    It "Maybe" helps a little more gas fall out of the port, rather than find all the cracks and crevices a non-swiss cheesed CH would.

Did you say Raptor?

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This one, while a little dated, has a deeper groove. TBH, I don't really notice a lot of gas from this rifle, but it's an all-around pleasure to shoot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this was about CH's but wasnt that super special Surefire BCG supposed to help eliminate blowback by delaying the unlocking time, or something like that. Somebody here bought one and was going to review it but cant remember who...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I know this was about CH's but wasnt that super special Surefire BCG supposed to help eliminate blowback by delaying the unlocking time, or something like that. Somebody here bought one and was going to review it but cant remember who...
    That would be UW, of course. I think I remember him saying it wasn’t worth the premium over decent carriers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post

There’s the Surefire optimized bcg - works a little different then the other 2.

The bootleg is suppose to help also but more so with directing gas other places., along with the Gemtech carrier ( that bootleg makes)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best mitigation of gas face goes to...

The BRN-180!

What gas does make it to the receiver travels back through the barrel and dumps out the port (sorry, lefties). There's literally no place else for it to go.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    OSS claims their suppressor is made to spec for the military especially to mitigate blow-back.

OSS suppressors do seem to work as advertised. I was fortunate enough to mess with a couple. The gas blowback was greatly reduced on the AR I shot and the cyclic rate on full auto remained about the same on the SCAR-17.

Size and weight are a bit of an issue but OSS has improved the designs somewhat in these regards.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

The BRN-180!

What gas does make it to the receiver travels back through the barrel and dumps out the port (sorry, lefties). There's literally no place else for it to go.

This is exactly the reason I want to get one... at least for off hand shooting

After shooting a tuned SCAR16 and G36C suppressed, it's hard to go back to your standard AR with all the gas in the face.

Downloads
    Uploads

The BRN-180!

I have a gas block that does the no gas in face thing

And that’s with a suppressor

But I’m about to start the 9mm vs 45 convo again lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

After shooting a tuned SCAR16 and G36C suppressed, it's hard to go back to your standard AR with all the gas in the face.
    At this point I wholeheartedly recommend you get one. Their backorder cycles seem relatively quick, so watch for a good coupon and do the thing. These can be had for $750 with a sale and a coupon. It's a heck of a bargain in terms of AR value.

My bestie got a new OSS Helix for his first can and he likes it well enough he may never know true "gasface ".

Downloads
    Uploads

The 180 provides all that fun for a minimum savings of $2,000. Plus, you get to keep your optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So a quick tid bit today, I finally got some extensive use out of my SF optimized bolt carrier today. Had a 3 day entry class this week, and on the final day, I decided to use one of my personal carbines for the live fire drills. Decided to throw in the SF carrier and a Dead Air Sandman K at the end of a CMT build with a 10.5 Ballistic Advantage Barrel. Gun has no other gas mitigation systems and no adjustable gas block.

Barely any gas in the face after 600 rounds. It was a pleasure to shoot and I would say there is no more gas in the face than a non-suppressed gun. I'll need to run the gun a little more, but so far, I'm impressed with the results and looking forward to building another dedicated suppressed gun around a 2nd SF carrier I have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Barely any gas in the face after 600 rounds. It was a pleasure to shoot and I would say there is no more gas in the face than a non-suppressed gun. I'll need to run the gun a little more, but so far, I'm impressed with the results and looking forward to building another dedicated suppressed gun around a 2nd SF carrier I have.
    I understand you may not be able to answer this yet, but figured I'd ask the question... Would you say this is a better purchase if you're trying to shoot/tame a SHORT SBR versus a "standard" SBR (like a 14.5)? Seems like the 10.3/10.5 (and maybe the 11.5) might benefit more from this than a 14.5. Obviously gas port design comes into play, so I understand it's a loaded question. Other than my 416s, I tend to build/request reduced gas port designs, so I guess I live in a "more" perfect world...if that makes sense. But even given that, an ADCO 10.3 suppressed still pushes the gas, even if it's not as bad as a commercial upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Although not a lefty, but I don’t have any gas face issues at all with a 10.5 BCM that always runs suppressed. It’s just a bone stock work rifle. I only added a Giessele FBI contract CH for the sole purpose of eliminating any chance of snagging on kit......it’s a little more rounded than an ACH.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After shooting suppressed a little while now, I can join in and say ARs don’t suppresse very well lol

I have been using a few things, since I like tuning my shit and want it to run the best I can get it..Still changing shit around

But in my 10.5” i was using a bootleg carrier for a while and works well for what it is vs a std carrier.. Besides making the upper so much more dirty.. But, again I can’t leave shit alone, So swapping around buffers and springs currently (any suggestions for baby smooth , perfect function, I’m listening:) ..)

Also just swapped in one of those BRT suppressed sized gas tubes (.059 port) Ran up for a quick test the other day...tons better, runs softer and lot less gas.

I also use a SLR adjustable gas block on my 12.5” 308 (first adj gas block I ever used) and with a pri fat boy gas toob and H3/armalite spring & A5 length toob, it shoots softer then my 556 ars it feels like

Now I moved the bootleg over to the grendel
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 10 June 2021 at 09:07.