Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sold that griffin crap after 2 mags..sux

Gave in and bought a A5 setup to try and couple different buffers including a kynshot hyd buffer..expensive but always been curious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I just got one of them newer Sob buffers today.. So going back up this week to test it out versus the std H2

Some testing this weekend

10.5 with .059 Brt gas port/tube
    Wolf gold
    With can off it won’t run with a H2 but will with a H
    Still room to go smaller. Quick pic
    Older post but I just read you’re running Wolf gold

I have seen evidence that Wolf gold causes some abnormally high baffle erosion due to flame cutting or whatever else is in that mixture (and its undergassed compared to say LC M193 but that’s not the issue).

This was a Surefire RC2 can with 3500 rounds fired of ONLY Wolf gold and a the erosion pattern looked to be about halfway through the blast baffle (10.3” barrel). He was using a 4 prong FH rather than a brake which would probably aid in saving the blast baffle

Just a friendly word of caution to keep an eye on yours just in case

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I understand you may not be able to answer this yet, but figured I'd ask the question... Would you say this is a better purchase if you're trying to shoot/tame a SHORT SBR versus a "standard" SBR (like a 14.5)? Seems like the 10.3/10.5 (and maybe the 11.5) might benefit more from this than a 14.5. Obviously gas port design comes into play, so I understand it's a loaded question. Other than my 416s, I tend to build/request reduced gas port designs, so I guess I live in a "more" perfect world...if that makes sense. But even given that, an ADCO 10.3 suppressed still pushes the gas, even if it's not as bad as a commercial upper.
    I'm going to say yes, only because I don't recall as much gas in the face shooting 14.5" suppressed previously vs a 10.3/5...but I'm wondering now if I should try to shoot it on 14.5" SBR and see what kind of difference I notice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm going to say yes, only because I don't recall as much gas in the face shooting 14.5" suppressed previously vs a 10.3/5...but I'm wondering now if I should try to shoot it on 14.5" SBR and see what kind of difference I notice.
    I had to go back to see what we were even discussing... So since my question, I ended up grabbing a Bootleg from...someone...I think Big Tex or Bauer. I've shot it exactly 0 times, but someone who I respect as a shooter (and otherwise) has had great luck on a 10.x suppressed SBR with the Bootleg, so I'm still interested. Maybe in the future I'll look at the SF, but I would still welcome reports.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Older post but I just read you’re running Wolf gold

I have seen evidence that Wolf gold causes some abnormally high baffle erosion due to flame cutting or whatever else is in that mixture (and its undergassed compared to say LC M193 but that’s not the issue).

This was a Surefire RC2 can with 3500 rounds fired of ONLY Wolf gold and a the erosion pattern looked to be about halfway through the blast baffle (10.3” barrel). He was using a 4 prong FH rather than a brake which would probably aid in saving the blast baffle

Just a friendly word of caution to keep an eye on yours just in case
    I’ve heard that also. Not worried as I don’t have a lot of it.

Did you mean to post a pic?
    Ya, Those 3/4 prong fh’s are notoriously worse on a can.

I was using a bootleg in a 10.5 that was over gassed. IT helped a lot , all around way better. Less gas, less dirty and easy to change settings

Now running a brt suppressed tube and std bootleg bcg ,a step better and now gonna try a A5 setup and lantac and hoping just a little better with the Ebcg