Thread: The "Truck" Gun

Downloads
    Uploads

The "Truck" Gun

So here is the almost finished product of my "truck" gun from my other post. Some tweaks were made based off of some recommendations as well as parts availability. So the final parts list...

Spikes lower with Grey Ghost upper
    MI 12.5" Combat MLok rail
    Rainier Arms Select 16" barrel
    AIM Surplus (Toolcraft) BCG with TiN coating (would have preferred plain phosphate but got what they had in stock at the time)
    Aero LPK
    Magpul Fixed carbine stock and K2 grip

Waiting on the following to be delivered:
    Centurion Arms 2 stage trigger
    SWFA SS 1-4 scope

And as promised, Duracoat Magpul OD Green applied by myself.

Please don't mind the UTG sights, they are a placeholder as they were essentially free.

I will be adding an AFG in the future as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like green

Duracoat turned out good

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good, if you need a 30mm mount for your incoming scope, shoot me a pm.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, the duracoat is looking good. Let us know how she shoots.

What I can't get over, though, is how little you have hanging off that pegboard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Looks good, if you need a 30mm mount for your incoming scope, shoot me a pm.
    Alamo5000 already hooked me up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Yeah, the duracoat is looking good. Let us know how she shoots.

What I can't get over, though, is how little you have hanging off that pegboard.
    I have a lot of peg board real estate and I moved a whole bunch!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nicely done. Curious about the fixed carbine stock. What are the advantages, is it lighter than an A2 rifle stock, allows you to run carbine buffer tube/assembly, what is the fixed length of pull? Looks good, just wondering.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Very nicely done. Curious about the fixed carbine stock. What are the advantages, is it lighter than an A2 rifle stock, allows you to run carbine buffer tube/assembly, what is the fixed length of pull? Looks good, just wondering.
    The fixed stock is much lighter than an A1 or A2 and marginally lighter than a lot of carbine stocks. Also, yes it does use a carbine buffer assembly. It is a solid lock up with no moving parts so IMO it should be more durable. Length of pull is probably about position 2 for an adj stock. For me this is the position that I keep all my adj stocks in so it makes sense for me as long as I don't "need" to collapse and make it shorter. I have a few SBR so that is not a concern for me on this rifle.

I actually think this would also be a great option for an sbr with a law folder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Green is like the new FDE now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    ...which is the new black...

LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a guy see an original straight 20rd Magpul green mag of mine at the range a few months back

Offered me $40 for it. I figured they were either selling online for more or they were impossible to find (or both). Sold it to him and bought a couple other 20s with. Didn’t matter to me as I’m not collecting Magpul stuff specifically but I do have a fair bit of straight 20s in FDE I’m keeping

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    When I first built my 6.8 SPC hunting rifle I went with a fixed stock. Worked fine, but after shooting from various positions and spending time with it in the field I finally realized something: fixed stocks are kind of silly when you can have an adjustable stock and suffer no performance loss. A comfortable LOP when shooting standing in the summer may different than when shooting from prone or wearing multiple layers in the winter. An adjustable carbine stock let's you make that adjustment handily. I doubt I'll ever use a fixed stock again on an AR. I get that a rifle length buffer has some advantages, but a fixed stock on a carbine buffer just seems like something that shouldn't even exist (unless it helps manage a silly legal restriction in some states).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I had a guy see an original straight 20rd Magpul green mag of mine at the range a few months back

Offered me $40 for it. I figured they were either selling online for more or they were impossible to find (or both). Sold it to him and bought a couple other 20s with. Didn’t matter to me as I’m not collecting Magpul stuff specifically but I do have a fair bit of straight 20s in FDE I’m keeping
    I've got a small stash of straight 20 round PMAGS. I don't know why they're popular. I find the new 20 rounders feed better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a small stash of straight 20 round PMAGS. I don't know why they're popular. I find the new 20 rounders feed better.
    I had a couple of straight 20's. Someone on here was looking for some, so I gave them to him. Only have curved now.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a few straight 20's a few years back and some dude paid me a small fortune for them. I just replaced them with the updated 20's and took the family out for a nice dinner. Not sure why so many people love them but if they are willing to pay...