Downloads
    Uploads

for those that assemble their own ARs, what's your favorite custom small parts kit?

When I assembled my first AR years ago, it seemed lower parts kits were lower parts kits and besides triggers there wasn't a ton of other parts that were not "mil-spec" or something claiming to be.

the big thing then was triggers and ambi safties. and charging handles.

so for your builds, what do you like for all of the small parts.

for me I like ambi safeties. I always preferred the b.a.d - c.a.s.s with a full size on one side and short throw on the other. I see a lot of people stepping up and going for the talon now but realistically there are so many I'd wonder what options people picked.

I've tried different mag buttons. not many. I prefer the mil-spec stuff.

I have 3 different charging handles. raptor, geissele, and the BCM with he large catch. I prefer the geissele

I like the vltor a5 buffer system

I haven't gotten into different bolt catches.

I do like slightly longer dimpled takedown pins. especially because some of mine are so tight I need a tool to pop the pins.

and I generally have all colt pieces for the pins and springs and all that.

so what's your go-to setup for building out an upper and/or lower?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pricewise I like the Sons of Liberty kits w/o grip or trigger. If I’m feeling spendy it’s the Geissele Super Duty for the Maritime bolt catch, ambi saftey and coiled roll pins. but since a buddy loaded me up with coiled pins and I don’t consider ambis a must-have, I usually go with parts on hand. I like a couple of the self-locking castle nuts, but again pricey and standard stakers are fine. A5 on 90% of mine. A couple standard tubes for length and nostalgia.Those dimpled takedown pins are nice. With you on charging handles.Have a couple Larue 2 stage though prefer G SDC and E.

If I could start over all my stocks would be LMT Sopmod or Magpul SL. And all BCGs LMT Enhanced or Sionics NP3.

A lot of new, good-idea small parts I’ll try, ( especially Roger’s) but costly individual parts add up quickly.
    I’m too lazy to take off all the cool custom parts to put on one gun. Going to be long, cold winter though so ...
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't purchased a complete LPK in a long time.

The way I usually put together a lower parts kit:

Fortis or Battle Arms Take down pins... have been buying more of the Fortis ones lately.
    Radian Selectors... I think their design is the best on the market. I will still buy Fortis ones as well, depending on if I'm buying pins.
    Forward Controls Bolt Catches
    Triggers... CMC, Geissele, Centurion Arms or ALG Mil spec triggers.
    Magpul MOE Grip
    Mag release assemblies, I'll just buy locally from Rainier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I go with Forward Controls for most lower parts.

-Mag Release Button
    -Mag Catch
    -Bolt Catch
    -Take Down and Pivot pins
    -Springs and dents which are KNS

Triggers are usually G but I do have a Centurion Arms 2 stage that I havr installed yet.

Safety is usually Radian Talon. But FC has many options

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    do you guys go 45 degree or 90 degree on the talon? I kinda wish they would sell a 60 degree

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    do you guys go 45 degree or 90 degree on the talon? I kinda wish they would sell a 60 degree
    I go with the 45

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    Another reason I sometimes go with the Fortis, I like their 50 degree. Usually I go 45 on the Radian, but the Radian has cuts for 90 and 45, so you can change it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a variety of stuff and like it well enough that nothing screams to be changed. Geissele SSA's in every rifle. Raptors on all but the KAC. BAD levers/talons for selectors. FCD bolt catches, mag buttons, and a couple forward assists. The Radian is all Radian, and the KAC is all KAC except for the bolt and barrel. Springs, detents and roll pins come from who cares because they're like rabbits.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aero Precision LPK minus FCG is my starting point. Geissele trigger, BCM Gunfighter grip, trigger guard and CH. I tend to use Ergo grips for bench guns. A few ambi controls on certain rifles. I have the Radian ambi safety on one build largely due to recommendations from this forum, but honestly I prefer the ambi on my LMT. If I'm really going to be swapping out a lot, I just by the specific small parts I need from White Oak Armament.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I mostly use WOA for all pins and springs.

Haven’t bought a “lower parts kit” ever I think

Use to think the NAD was the best safety setup.. nope.. turned onto the talon and want more of them. Just there shorter arms are better at staying out of the way..

Triggers , G or Larue mbt’s right now

Fcd bolt catch on one, nice but $$$
    Fcd mag release buttons are the best I’ve used so far
    Buffer systems , variety std spring and H2’s work all day, but tying one of the armaspec srs setups.
    Looking at trying a A5 setup also..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to try an H2 and see what all the hype is about. I have all standards in my small frame guns and they work fine. Is it for softer shooting? Suppressed, rapid fire?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    JP Trigger (comes with a safety)
    JP SCS
    Forward Controls Bolt Catch
    Forward Controls mag. release button and spring with BAD mag. catch
    Forward Controls FA or V7 Minimal
    Raptor CH
    Steel Safety Detent w/ Sprinco spring

I’ve tried most of the G triggers, Trigger Tech, Hiperfire, CMC, LaRue... JP torches them all. Only other one I’ve tried that can touch it is the Elftmann, and the one I (temporarily) had was a total POS.

JP torches everything again with the SCS. I like it even better than the A5 system. Softer, smoother, flatter muzzle, never noticed a difference in reliability. That with both the standard and Green spring. Same goes for standard length system with carbine - H3 and Griffin SOB’s with everything from standard carbine to Blue Springs and Flatwire.

The combination of the BAD mag. catch with a Forward Controls button is nice and sits below the fence. Stiffer spring gives a more quality feel.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler