Downloads
    Uploads

Dumb Optics Question

I didn't see this in a very cursory Google search, but I want to say this isn't a new "thing." That said, anyone here had an issue with a Vortex Razor 1-6 having the red dot off-center? I have a new Gen 2 that has the dot about .2-.3 mils left of center. Practically speaking, this probably isn't a huge deal on a man sized target to at least 200m, but that doesn't mean it's "right." I haven't reached out to Vortex yet, and I'm sure they'll take care of me, but figured I'd ask here first. I hate taking an optic off after mounting and zeroing it. First world problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got mine last week and its dead on center. Im sure Vortex will fix you up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I didn't see this in a very cursory Google search, but I want to say this isn't a new "thing." That said, anyone here had an issue with a Vortex Razor 1-6 having the red dot off-center? I have a new Gen 2 that has the dot about .2-.3 mils left of center. Practically speaking, this probably isn't a huge deal on a man sized target to at least 200m, but that doesn't mean it's "right." I haven't reached out to Vortex yet, and I'm sure they'll take care of me, but figured I'd ask here first. I hate taking an optic off after mounting and zeroing it. First world problems.
    So is the dot off center in relation to the X and Y axis reticle lines?

Any way to get a photo?

Doesn’t sound correct...

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that shouldn't be a "thing". I just went and double checked mine and it is perfectly centered as far as my eyes can tell. Call Vortex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is why Vortex offers Lifetime warranties. You're going to need to use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Centered here as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alrighty, then. Thanks all.

So is the dot off center in relation to the X and Y axis reticle lines?
    Correct. It's as if I'm holding about .2 mil right of the dot.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    This is why Vortex offers Lifetime warranties. You're going to need to use it.
    Technically only my second Vortex, but at least my used 1-10 seems to be good to go...until it isn't some time in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looked at it a little closer today and I can also see the dot is attached to a separate "stadia" than the actual vertical stadia, and it's no inline, so confirmed it needs to go back. Tough to see the dot in this picture unless you zoom in (didn't realize the tree branch was there), but you can see the split stadia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve never seen that before, but yes that definitely needs to go to vortex.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yikes..Makes ya wonder how that got thru QC

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL @ QC

No QC is involved in the manufacturing of any Vortex product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya but for what those cost, that should of never left the building like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Ya but for what those cost, that should of never left the building like that.
    I'm not sure it did. I think it slipped after the first range trip. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it when I zeroed. Not that it should have done that. Regardless, it's been sent off, so we'll see what comes back.