Downloads
    Uploads

ATF Agent gets tazed by local cops

Here's the short story. An ATF agent showed up at someone's house to try and confiscate a firearm. The resident called the local cops.

The cops showed up and ordered the agent to the ground and tazed him multiple times for resisting arrest and took him to jail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently it happened in Columbus Ohio.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...ce/6505667002/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like pretty atrocious behavior by the CPD. That's another George Floyd incident waiting to happen. Unfortunate that it takes misconduct against a federal agent to get held to account. The leadership and culture in some of these departments (e.g., Minneapolis) must be just completely awful. This is how commanders get relieved in the military.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like there is a lot of details left to the imagination that weren't included.

Sending a lone ATF guy to confiscate someone's firearm, who isn't supposed to have one? Something smells there. Feds and outside agencies always call the local LE dispatch so there is no friendly fire issues. Something doesn't add up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Sounds like there is a lot of details left to the imagination that weren't included.

Sending a lone ATF guy to confiscate someone's firearm, who isn't supposed to have one? Something smells there. Feds and outside agencies always call the local LE dispatch so there is no friendly fire issues. Something doesn't add up.
    This is exactly what I thought too. Something is very very fishy here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Sounds like pretty atrocious behavior by the CPD. That's another George Floyd incident waiting to happen. Unfortunate that it takes misconduct against a federal agent to get held to account. The leadership and culture in some of these departments (e.g., Minneapolis) must be just completely awful. This is how commanders get relieved in the military.
    I am pretty sure this whole thing was caught on body cam. Maybe someday we will get to see who really had what in this situation.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree here. There are a ton of details in here that we will never know. But I just keep seeing that MEME in my head of the ATF agent peeking over the fence with the next slide of him getting Tazed.

DON'T TAZE ME BRO!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a personal beef. Something's awfully fishy ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine works for a neighboring agency. From their perspective that particular ATF agent has a rep for being a super douche and getting into pissing contests on the regular.

Sounds like he was in plain clothes and refused to cooperate with the uniforms. Maybe too much ego on both sides I'm curious to see how it really shakes out in the end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post
    A friend of mine works for a neighboring agency. From their perspective that particular ATF agent has a rep for being a super douche and getting into pissing contests on the regular.

Sounds like he was in plain clothes and refused to cooperate with the uniforms. Maybe too much ego on both sides I'm curious to see how it really shakes out in the end.
    The link below shows images from the body cam during the actual encounter. He wasn't dressed in any way that indicated he was part of any kind of law enforcement and as far as I can tell had no visible ID. Plus he had been charged with other crimes prior to this. See the video in the link.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/at...ng-tasing-him/

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the same guy that got tazed. Apparently the local cops were aware of him from several other previous run ins including the one mentioned below.

Last edited by alamo5000; 23 December 2020 at 20:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post

Sounds about right. Usually ends up being a dick measuring contest and here we are...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds about right. Usually ends up being a dick measuring contest and here we are...
    It sounds to me like this guy is a regular. A regular troublemaker. I can only imagine what kind of stellar personality this guy is so that the grocery store staff even thinks he's an asshole. That video that made the local news was all the way back from 2015 so this seems to be a pattern of bad behavior.

I am not saying the cops were right or should or should not have tazed him because I wasn't there but the more I learn about his previous history it makes me think it couldn't have happened to a better candidate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like this faceless bureaucrat thinks he's a U.S. Marshall or something. He should probably be referring these cases to LE, not playing dog the bounty hunter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!