Thread: Lancer Mags

Downloads
    Uploads

Lancer Mags

I gave away a couple of AR's as Christmas presents and threw in a few PMAGs with each. Thought i'd better buy at least enough mags to replace what I gave away. Best I could find on 'net was 10 packs of Lancer mag's. Never used them. Any thoughts? Good? Bad? Anyway they were $139 for a 10 pack so I said what the hell, I'd give them a try. Quality issues? Known problem issues? I did like the steel feed lips. Will see how that works out.

Thanks
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always used magpul gen3. I have a bunch of them. Recently I bought some lancer mags though and I love em. I'm pretty sure I have a thread about it on here.

I like the Lancers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bought a 10 pack a while back. Been training with a few of them and so far zero issues. Feed well and lock back when empty. Springs seem stiffer than the pmags when new... You should be gtg.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool.Have a bunch of Pmags, most still in wrappers, but can never have enough mags or ammo. Glad to hear you both have experience with them with no issues.

Thanks
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 2 January 2021 at 17:02.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Current Lancer L5AWM mags are GTG. They had a bad batch of followers in 2015, but that was resolved. They're tough mags and don't seem to exibit cracked feedlips or splines like PMags occasionally do from abuse. Some are bit harder to seat than a PMag, more like a USGI, which really isn't a big deal (PMags have a tiny bit more interior room for the ammo stack to compress when seated).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a bunch and I like them a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know! Thanks all. Feel a lot more confident that people I "know" and have a lot of experience, have nothing bad to say about them. May buy more, now. Can't find PMAGS in stock, but can find the Lancers fairly easily. Waiting for 1st real day in office. Brain dead, and his clueless VP have promised to ban everything on day one.
    Won't work, and will be bitch slapped down by the Supreme court, again,​ but I foresee a lot of panic buying.
    Last edited by FortTom; 2 January 2021 at 16:58.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had a friend see issues with the feedlips rusting while at JRTC for the L5AWMs, causing rounds to get hung up while trying to feed. I had also had the little tabs toward the front of the mag at the feed lips break off, though Lancer told me they were of no real consequence, though it makes me uneasy that they might break while loaded in the gun and possibly cause issues.

My L7AWMs are too tightly sprung, I think, and do not feed when the mag/gun is not clean and/or freshly lubed.

The translucent ones are supposedly made of poly carb with an impact modifier and a coating for chemical resistance; thus, while it should be able to withstand solvents well at the beginning, long term use may render them much more vulnerable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lancers are my favorite, due to the reinforced feed lips. It's all I run in my duty and HD guns.