Downloads
    Uploads

Suppressor talk (Getting first, contemplating second)

So, I've finally decided to make the leap to buying my first suppressor. I wish I'd have done it last year so I'd have it now but never could bring myself to pay another $200 to the government just to wait....

Well, we get our new house in the 10th and I'll be able to shoot at home. Finally! I'm not in the boonies though, I'll have one neighbor pretty close on the east side. Then another few houses West of me but they're a few acres away.
    As much as I plan to shoot, I'd like to keep the noise down some. Plus suppressors are cool.

So, ordering a Sandman S as soon as I finish my address change.

I can't decide if I should do a .22 can next or a 9mm.
    I'm leaning toward the .22 as I can do a cheap DIY on a Form 1 and have it quick. I'll be able to play with it while I wait for the Sandman.
    Though, I could probably do a 9mm DIY too. Probably not as cheap (booster, ect). Maybe it would even work okay for .22?

What do you guys think? Any kits for DIY you'd recommend? Would a 9mm can suppress .22 "okay"?
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought my first can for the same reason. So I can shoot without pissing off the neighborhood.

You can shoot 22LR through a 9mm can all day long. I've shot mine a ton like that, well until I bought more cans.

My 9mm suppresses a 22LR quite well actually. Give me a bit and I will try to dig up some actual numbers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Griffin metered their Optimus 9 Gen2 with CCI standard ammo out of a Ruger SR22 pistol. It metered 119 at the muzzle and 125 at the ear. That should give you a ballpark idea of what to expect.

On a rifle it will be much more quiet.

For comparison sake silencer shop metered the Optimus Micro at around 117 at the muzzle and ear both out of a 22LR pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for DIY cans I'm a perfectionist. That said if you have the right tools or friends with the right tools it won't be that hard to make I don't think.

Supposedly one of the companies that would sell DIY suppressor kits or parts like booster housings was recently raided by the ATF. A 9mm can in my opinion would be a lot harder to make than a 22 can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pyzik, just keep in mind that if you're shooting 5.56 or 308, it's going to be anything but quiet to your neighbors located laterally to your direction of bearing, so you may still want to give them a heads up. It won't be a boom to them, but it will be an annoyingly loud snap going through the trees, depending on how close they are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious. Why the sandman S?

What hosts are u using this on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Curious. Why the sandman S?

What hosts are u using this on?
    Mostly because I already have 2 mounts, get a third with the suppressor and two manufacturers I like make mounts (FCD and JMAC).

host would be pretty much anything I can put it on. LOL. Have several 556 in varying lengths, a .300 blk, AK, Galil ACE and an AR10.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that sorta makes sense..mounts add up fast.

The diy kits are out there but not as plentiful as they were say a month ago..atf has been helping that..

I looked at them hard, but for about the same price the only advantage is form 1’s are quick right now.
    Then again form 4’s are pretty quick compared to a year ago.

Seen 3-4 months quite regular lately..