First I have to say that Centurion Arms handled this with better customer service than I have ever received, period.

I got a CA 2 stage trigger about 6 weeks ago and it worked great for a range session but then I decided to switch the trigger to a different rifle. After I initially installed it in the new rifle the trigger was locked, couldn't pull the trigger and the hammer wouldn't release. Figuring I made a bonehead mistake I pulled the FCG out and reinstalled it. Well after I reinstalled it again the second time it would fire but was not functioning normally.

Basically it was working like a "3 stage" trigger. There was a light initial pull to the first wall, followed but a slightly heavier pull to a second wall, and then a 3rd pull for it to break. Didn't do it on every trigger pull, but probably ever 3rd. Pulled it out and reinstalled it multiple times and no change. One time I reinstalled it, it was completely locked again.

Anyway, I emailed CA and they had a new trigger to me within 3 days with a prepaid return envelope inside to return my other trigger so they could trouble shoot it. I have never had a company send me a replacement part without having the original part back in their hands.

Once I get the trigger back to them we will see what they say the issue is. I think there is something off with the disconnector, but can't be sure. Have you experienced anything like this before with a trigger?