With all the events going on these days I pulled aside my bugout bag to take inventory. I decided to upgrade my pack and some of my tools. I still have some things that are in need of a serious upgrade, but I think I have a good start.

I just picked up a Hazard 4 pillbox and installed hardpoint rails and a bungee. The pack is really nice. I am a bit cramped for space, but only because I am making space in the main compartment for my 10.3" SBR. It barely fits, but it does.

So here is my current inventory.

1 spool of paracord
compass
First Aid Kit (this is woefully inadequate as it really is just antiseptic, bandaids, and guaze) this is the next thing to upgrade
Eating tools
Emergency flashlight that never dies
Duct Tape
Solar Blanket
Solar sleeping bag
Dental Floss
Fire starters (3 bic lighters, 3 packs waterproof matches, fire starters, flint) I wanted this to be redundant
Baby wipes
Sewing kit
Mil Surplus Dry bag
Rope saw
Abe & Moe Goodman knife (finally found a sheath which is currently in production)
Esee Izula Knife with Kydex sheath in production
SOG Fast Hawk

I know I am missing some items which I will soon rectify. Any input on a good First Aid kit that won't break the bank? Any other suggestions of things I should add? Should I remove anything to make room for something else? I can also make more room in the main compartment around my rifle.

Pics of the pack if you would like to see how the rifle and gear fits.