Another first impression I have is actually a question. But after thinking about it it kind of makes sense.

The programming 'seems' opposite of what an average joe might think they should be. Meaning, if you tap the control it turns the light to constant on. If you hold it for longer it's momentary.

At first that might seem opposite, but if you really think about it, if you are in a situation where you don't have complete control of things or you simply don't have time and where it's really high stress the quick tap/constant on seems fairly smart. You can turn the light on and be on the trigger really fast.

On the other hand if you run into a situation where you had more time to prepare you can use the momentary switch. The momentary takes a slight bit more of an intentional movement.

I think they did it that way because it's a concealed carry centered light. When you need light you need it now and negligent light discharges are much less of a big deal.

I definitely don't pretend to be an expert in the use of lights but I would think if you have a staged up scenario where a SWAT team is raiding some guy's house the needs for different types of primary control (modes) will be different than if some guy tries to get out of his car and attack me in the street.

With the constant on being the primary go to with this light it's really simple to activate and then be on your trigger in order to gain control of the situation.