Downloads
    Uploads

S&W Model 296 Airlite, .44 Special

I've been looking for a 296 for a few years. They were expensive even prior to the latest gun run and the PHE. Got a great deal on this one, it's in 99%+ condition. Not bad for a 20 yr old pistol designed for EDC. It has a really nice, smooth trigger, in the 10-11 oz range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks great

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very Nice !! I have a 696 3" 44 Special. A lot heavier than that one. You might look at Bianchi Speed Strips for the .44. A little slower to reload, but holds six and lays flat in your pocket. They peel off two rounds at a time with practice. And, if you need to reload, you may be on the wrong side of the room.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eric28 View Post
    That looks great
    Thanks very much!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Very Nice !! I have a 696 3" 44 Special. A lot heavier than that one. You might look at Bianchi Speed Strips for the .44. A little slower to reload, but holds six and lays flat in your pocket. They peel off two rounds at a time with practice. And, if you need to reload, you may be on the wrong side of the room.
    Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the suggestion ref Speed Strips; I will check into them.

The 696 is another revolver we share in common. You are right - much heavier, and much more pleasurable to shoot!

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL dude, seems like all your threads start with... been looking for a xxx for years.... and then there it is!

Congrats!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    LOL dude, seems like all your threads start with... been looking for a xxx for years.... and then there it is!

Congrats!
    LOL! You are not wrong! Some are sentimental, like my S&W 4506. I wanted one that was slicked up by Wayne Novak since I bought my first one in 1990. 28 years later I found one! Some are rare (in the US) like the S&W 9mm Target Champion. I'm just lucky now to be in a place inn life where I can finance my hunt for my Firearms Bucket List.