Got started on a new project recently. On a whim I picked up one of the KE Arms polymer lowers from Brownells and figured what the hell, might as well go with a theme build called project lightweight. I have most of what I need at the moment, but would like some opinions on some things like lightweight BCG.

So far I have the KE arms lower, an upper without FA or door, and Faxon Gunner profile barrel. Currently en route I have a 2A arms titanium gas block, and a Midwest Industries CRLW Lightweight 10.5" Mlok rail which I chose for its 7.6 oz installed wt. I may even pick up one of the titanium barrel nuts with it to save a bit more on weight. CH is a BCM small latch. Planning on a V7 titanium shorty muzzle brake.

Because I like to do home paint jobs I am also going to coat the whole rifle in tungsten Duracoat.

Really the only things I still need are a trigger and BCG. My question comes to the BCG. I don't really want to mess with adjustable gas blocks but I do want to save some weight. Some lightweight BCG are lighter than others. I could go with a super lightweight and use and adjustable gas key, but again, don't really want to mess around too much. I thought possibly go with a JP lightweight carrier which would save some weight but isn't as light as others and then run a Sprinco Orange spring. Since this is not going to be a suppressor host, I am not too worried about excess gas besides having bolt bounce. Hoping that the Sprinco 2x power spring will be enough to tame the slightly lower weight of the JP carrier.

Or...do I just go with a mil spec BCG?

I know I am over thinking things too much on this, but hey, I called this project lightweight, so I want to see how light I can make it without spending and absolute fortune and also not worrying about taming gas.

How it sits currently.