Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex Venom 5-25x56 FFP Rifle Scope

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just bought a 5-25 for my 6 ARC build. It's a lot of scope for an AR but I plan to use that one primarily for targets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish the windage was capped

Downloads
    Uploads
    Waiting for one of you to get one. Lot of scope for the money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Waiting for one of you to get one. Lot of scope for the money.
    I have a bunch of Vortex so I am not opposed to trying it out. If I ever get one of these it will be for rimfire. I have a 4-16 on there now. I kind of wonder what the difference is between this and the Diamondback line.

I only have one optic left that is in MOA and that will probably be the next to go though. If I run across something that interests me and is at a good price point I will probably do that next.

That said if you resurrect the T&E program I would be happy to try this out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, it seems like you trade off in glass quality for getting FFP at a lower price than the Viper? I was slow to catch on that this is a 34mm tube, too. I agree with UW, that is a lot of scope for the $. I'm a little skeptical that I'd want a 25x FFP scope with meh glass, but I bet this will be a popular choice for those that have to stretch the budget for their long range setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hard pass on a sub $700 FFP 25x from Vortex. Their Razors are poor at that magnification. Can’t imagine this thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Hard pass on a sub $700 FFP 25x from Vortex. Their Razors are poor at that magnification. Can’t imagine this thing.
    High end guys like you will no doubt see zero value in this, but $499 MSRP from Vortex means more like a $350-$399 street price. Gets a lot more people into the 25x game.

Besides, isn't a prerequisite for building your first AR buying the largest scope possible? A 34mm tube with a 56mm objective lens definitely fits that bill!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

That said if you resurrect the T&E program
    Unfortunately, will probably never happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to Vortex it’s between a Strike Eagle and the Diamondback Tactical lines.....thought it’d be a bit better but for that price I get it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume this is their answer to the Bushnell Match Pro which is supposed to be a decent scope for the money.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    High end guys like you will no doubt see zero value in this, but $499 MSRP from Vortex means more like a $350-$399 street price. Gets a lot more people into the 25x game.

Besides, isn't a prerequisite for building your first AR buying the largest scope possible? A 34mm tube with a 56mm objective lens definitely fits that bill!
    Extra high rings or backwards PEPR FTW. hahahahaha
    Still rather have a usable 10 or 12x for that $$. Most don’t realize how stable of a platform you need for that level of magnification. Not even getting into how poor budget glass is at those levels.