I am building my 6 ARC, or rather I put it all together already. Today I fired the first shots to get it on paper.

It took me way more than normal to get it zeroed. I will fine tune it later.

I am using a Badger Ordnance 22MOA riser and a 15 MOA mount. The scope has an advertised elevation of 31 MIL but actual is over 32.

Even with the extra elevation in my riser and mount I only have a total of just over 11 mils of upward travel after I got it zeroed at 100 yards. That basically means if I were to just mount it straight on with no added elevation my turret would be maxed out just to zero. From the mechanical center of the optic that would be roughly 16 mils high at 100 yards.

My first plan is to remove the optic and put it on another gun. If it's repeating the same behavior then it's 100% the optic however I am not ruling out that my new upper might be the culprit. I'm definitely not ruling out me screwing something up.

Short of breaking everything down and starting over what are some good things to check before going down that road?

If I need to break it apart and start over it's not the end of the world but as I work on it I would like some ideas.