Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun ideas

Downloads
    Uploads

Shotgun ideas

I try to plan out my purchases and now I'm back around to shotguns.

Here are some features that I would like. If anything like this exists please let me know.

Semi Auto with the shortest barrel available (can't remember if it's 16 or 18 inches before it becomes an SBS)

I want to be able to mount a light on it as well as a red dot and definitely a sling.

Obviously it's not going to be a duck hunting gun so the more capacity the better.

Any recommendations along those lines would help me to get started shopping around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Benelli M1014 M4 almost bought one a while back...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Benelli M4 is ALWAYS a top option. But also, I’ve been seeing and reading a good bit on this one, and haven’t heard of anybody unhappy with it. The Beretta 1301. They look good too! I don’t know if they still make it or not, but FN made a shorty tactical shottie as well. A former friend owned one. Shot VERY WELL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -NRA Life Member

-Harleys. Mustangs. When in doubt, throttle out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    CZ for a quarter of the price.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you checked out the Tavor? Kinda cool

Downloads
    Uploads
    The days of the $250-300 Remington 870P are over, but I'd still look at an 870P. One of the most proven shotties out there.

Obviously if you can swing it, a Benelli M4 as others have suggested is the best of the best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Am I the only one with love for the M2? I think I’d just as soon have one of those as the M4.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Am I the only one with love for the M2? I think I’d just as soon have one of those as the M4.
    Definitely has the weight advantage. Costs less too. I don't think you can go wrong with any Benelli Shotgun.

The only Benelli I have is a 828U, love to eventually get a M2 or M4

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-...-the-wishlist/

The 1301 will be cheaper, lighter, and more reliable with lighter rounds than the M4 (though this is really only an issue for training, wouldn't really matter when shooting full power defensive loads).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Benelli M4 Entry/CQB 14" GRS 12GA Shotgun, whish SBS's were legal here...
    https://www.riflegear.com/p-6060-ben...s-le-only.aspx

Here is an M2 shorty thats in stock: https://www.impactguns.com/Short-Bar...0110388-11038/
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the ideas guys. For sure. It definitely gives me a place to start shopping. It won't be an immediate purchase but it gives me something to work towards.

I will take a look at all the suggestions and see if anything jumps out at me. I have no idea what the price point is on any of these but then again I am not super price sensitive given that the product warrants the price. I would rather buy two or three nice quality than 7 or 8 things with questionable workmanship.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have all the M-series Benelli semi-autos. I take out the M1 Super 90 a lot more often than the others. Yes, the M4 is a beast and is <probably> more reliable with various loads, but man the M1 is so light compared to the others! I could carry it all day. Mine came from a police department so it may have been tuned. It certainly has seen a lot of rounds. The action is just buttery smooth. Not sure if a brand new one would be quite so nice, but for me the M1 is the shotgun I would keep above all others. Mine works great even with crappy low-brass Walmart birdshot, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The days of the $250-300 Remington 870P are over, but I'd still look at an 870P. One of the most proven shotties out there.

Obviously if you can swing it, a Benelli M4 as others have suggested is the best of the best.
    I love my 870!! It was an 870P. But then. They changed to an 870 Express Synthetic Tactical 6+1. Haha

-NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Definitely has the weight advantage. Costs less too. I don't think you can go wrong with any Benelli Shotgun.

The only Benelli I have is a 828U, love to eventually get a M2 or M4
    I want to shoot an 828U so bad! When I bought my 686 Silver Pigeon I Sporting, the 828’s either weren’t out yet, or they were $1k ABOVE the 686. I handled one once, and it just felt RIGHT! Which clay sports do you participate in?

-NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGearhead View Post
    I want to shoot an 828U so bad! When I bought my 686 Silver Pigeon I Sporting, the 828’s either weren’t out yet, or they were $1k ABOVE the 686. I handled one once, and it just felt RIGHT! Which clay sports do you participate in?

I actually looked at the Silver Pigeon, but decided to go with the Benelli just on the name. I used to shoot trap weekly pre-pandemic as I had a pretty regular trap partner who wanted to go all the time. After the pandemic started, they closed down that range for a little while, but I haven't been back since they reopened.