Downloads
    Uploads

GSG Firefly trigger wont engage hammer.

Hi this is my first post on really any gun forum, I am still pretty new to firearms world but I know a bit.
    I purchased a GSG Firefly .22cal handgun from a friend, this being my first handgun purchase I hadn't had much experience with handguns to this point. He has put maybe 500 rounds through it before it got to my hands and had no issues. Recently I was showing it to my girlfriend and I believe she may have broke the trigger mechanism by pulling it without a magazine loaded (The gun has a built in safety and trigger is locked in place when no mag is loaded, unsure if this is common for most handguns to have) Now the only time the trigger activates the hammer is when I cock it before the pull similar to single action revolver. The "double action" of the trigger does not function. Hope im explaining this well enough for someone with more experience to help me out. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should add de-cocker also is no longer functioning properly, only works when applying pressure to the grip near the lever. I have stripped and cleaned the gun, but no dice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a spring has failed and the result is the trigger fails to reset. Should be an easy and inexpensive repair if taken to a competent gunsmith.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one of these. I am with Joelski. finding a decent gunsmith in your area will save you tons of headaches.

I've never taken my gun apart but it doesn't seem to be anything catastrophic (at this point).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Sounds like a spring has failed and the result is the trigger fails to reset. Should be an easy and inexpensive repair if taken to a competent gunsmith.
    Thanks a ton for the reply. Will take a look got a place near by somewhat I will take a look at. Thanks again for the input was pretty upset as I havnt gotten really any use out of the gun before this happened :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any tips on what to look for in a smith? Any signs they dont know their shit or is it more of a bring them the gun and wait and see? Its not like a $1200 gun we are dealing with, but its currently my only handgun so kinda important to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    Any tips on what to look for in a smith? Any signs they dont know their shit or is it more of a bring them the gun and wait and see? Its not like a $1200 gun we are dealing with, but its currently my only handgun so kinda important to me.
    For this one I would look for someone that has a Sig certification. As far as I know the GSG is the same as the previous Sig Mosquito.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    For this one I would look for someone that has a Sig certification. As far as I know the GSG is the same as the previous Sig Mosquito.
    ^^ This. A certified armorer should be able to quickly diagnose what's wrong and effect quick repair. Ask at your local gun store; most good repairmen have good word of mouth endorsement. The same can be said for not-so-great gunsmiths.

Good luck!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!