Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Fortis Mfg - Enhanced Detent & Spring Kit

    Fortis Mfg - Enhanced Detent & Spring Kit

    https://fortismfg.com/enhanceddetentandspringkit

    Description:

    The Fortis Enhanced Detent & Spring Kit cuts no corners.
    Using high grade Stainless Steel (17-4 detents & 17-7 springs)
    the corrosion resistance properties will enhance your
    firearms reliability in the harshest environments.

    Features:

    Detent Material 17-4 Stainless Steel (H900 Heat Treated)
    Spring Material 17-7 Stainless Steel
    Made in the USA

    Contents:

    2x Takedown/Pivot Detent
    2x Takedown/Pivot Spring
    1x Safety Selector Detent
    1x Safety Selector Spring
    1x Buffer Retainer
    1x Buffer Retainer Spring
    1x Bolt Catch Plunger
    1x Bolt Catch Spring
    1x Magazine Catch Spring

    Name:  EnhancedKitSale.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  199.7 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mn.
    Posts
    1,642
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Its nice to see the small AR parts are getting attention. The quality of the run of the mill mil spec parts has drastically gone downhill. I recently discovered a forward assist that was out of spec. that had been causing ejection issues by slowing down the BCG, IE: it was to long. Definitely was not on the list of cures for weak ejection. Also has a safety selector detent on my sons rifle break and render the safety useless while running some drills.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It's crazy what mil spec is. Most of the detents are zinc coated 1025 steel. 1025 is known to be an inexpensive easy to machine steel. I am excited to get my hands on a few of these kits.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Its nice to see the small AR parts are getting attention. The quality of the run of the mill mil spec parts has drastically gone downhill. I recently discovered a forward assist that was out of spec. that had been causing ejection issues by slowing down the BCG, IE: it was to long. Definitely was not on the list of cures for weak ejection. Also has a safety selector detent on my sons rifle break and render the safety useless while running some drills.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,682
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    FWIW, Geissele sells an enhanced LPK too. I was told to stick with Colt, but that stuff is near impossible to find in kit form. I trust the stuff from Aero and DSG, too.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The Geissele website states key components are SS. Does anybody know which parts are SS and what kind of SS?


    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    FWIW, Geissele sells an enhanced LPK too. I was told to stick with Colt, but that stuff is near impossible to find in kit form. I trust the stuff from Aero and DSG, too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,734
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    anyone ever have a detent or plunger fail?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mn.
    Posts
    1,642
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Yes, post #2
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,734
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yes, post #2
    ah, I missed your last sentence. There you go. Yeah, an inop safety because of a detent is bad. Potentially bring down the whole system because one of the cheapest parts on the whole platform. I'm surprised one of those would fail, but they get a lot of use compared to other parts, like the take down pins.

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,682
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltFace927 View Post
    The Geissele website states key components are SS. Does anybody know which parts are SS and what kind of SS?
    Looking at mine, I'd say just the detents.

    Edit:
    Made from proprietary Geissele designs out of Stainless Steel, the Geissele Super Duty LPK ensures a much longer life-span and a much lower chance of rusting or failing in extreme conditions and heavy use.
    And
    The Geissele Posi-Snap safety is made from 400 series stainless steel
    I just have a super duty kit. Not sure about the standard, or ultra.
    Last edited by Joelski; 27 July 2021 at 14:20.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •