Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

What’s the best 9mm setup for suppressing

Hey guys.. Need some help, sooner then later I’m planning on picking up a 9mm pistol/sbr or form 1, etc
    I’ve been thinking about a 9mm pcc/subgun for awhile. Bored with ar’s at the moment

Though I admit, I haven’t paid much attention to everything out there right now. A Scorpion has always been on the want list, but not holding myself to just that idea.

So what’s a good platform for suppressing most of the time. I want reliability and good host for subs.

Discuss what you use, like or whatever.. even suggestions on what 9 or 45 can to attach to it
    Thanks
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 31 July 2021 at 02:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    B&T APC9 Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stribog is similar, far less expensive. Just a stupid-sounding name, IMO.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my Scorpion S1 7.75” over the shorter one for ergos and to run heavy 158 grain subs. I direct thread mount an Omega 9K full time. Must mods are cheap - trigger kit and larger charging handle.
    https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...er-spring-kit/

Has an MRO now.

I dig everything about the B&T except the $$$.

Photobucket sucks. Changed the post process with no new instructions.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 31 July 2021 at 06:16.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    My direct experience with 9mm PCCs is with the MP5 platform, Sig MPC, Ruger PC, and AR9 (Aero EPC). I've done a little shooting with other people's Scorpions.

I'll say that the Scorpion is an excellent choice. Reasonably priced, cheap mags, fun to shoot. I've never even heard of anyone regretting their purchase.

I doubt the Ruger PC was even on your radar, and I'd keep it that way. It may be the only firearm I have that I actually regret buying. It's a fine and fun little carbine, but for my purposes there are better choices.

My Aero EPC (AR9) is actually more fun that I was expecting. Supresses fine, reasonably inexpensive to build and you get all the choices and modularity you are used to with the AR platform.

If you have the budget, though, everyone gun-guy should own an MP5. After you've shot a roller-delayed blowback 9mm, it's hard to get excited about anything that is blowback operated. MP5s are just smooth to shoot and suppress exceptionally well. The downsides are they are expensive and generally obsolete due to poor ergos and limited modularity compared to what we are all spoiled with on the AR platform. But they are still a joy to shoot and very effective HD weapons if you put in the time to train on them.

However, my Sig MPX is one of my absolute favorite firearms. It's a duty quality firearm and the piston system is on par with, if not a touch smoother than, the MP5. The downsides are that they are expensive, a little bulky/heavy for what they are, and you will get some gas in the face when suppressed (not as bad as an AR). I've read/watched reviews and articles where some folks had issues or had to do a little work on their MPX to get it to perform to their expectations, but mine has been flawless.

One think to consider is that with and AR9 or MPX you get the same controls as the AR15 so training on them can reinforce your muscle memory for the AR and also have a cheaper training alternative when .223 ammo is pricey or hard to find. It seems they are also getting more popular for certain competition shooting since the recoil is basically nonexisent.

For a suppressor, I definitely recommend something with a 3-lug mount. I like the modular cans like the Rugged Obsidian and Griffin Revolution but there are lots of good 9mm cans on the market that work with 3-lug. With a 3 lug you aren't committed to a proprietary muzzle device systems and they are very fast to mount / remove.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My PSA AR9 build was a cloud factory suppressed with semi-nasty recoil. I gave it to my son-in-law. The Evo is much more pleasant to shoot.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Scorpion.

Because I know the WEVO Ginger is on a budget.

Piece mealing your own 9mm PCC is a good idea too. Lots of good options to brace.

The MPX, B&T, MP5 are all going to be be closer to 2k or more. This is the golden age of 9mm sub guns. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hat tip for the CMMG Banshee?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Ah, I meant to mention that. I'm intrigued by those and would love to shoot one to see how their radial delayed blowback compares to roller lock and piston. I like that they have options for P320 mags, too. They are a little pricey, but I had some buyer's remorse after building my EPC thinking I should have put the funds towards a Banshee.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    CMMG genius move offering those in so many calibers. My Banshee 300 7.62x39 has been in the queue for 13 weeks now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shit, thanks for all the replies.So many options really. I like a lot of them and the features of some , but never holding/shooting most and narrowing it down , might be rough on my offload

Mp5 newbie in sense, looks like so many options , best ones?

Scorpion looks foolproof and many upgrades it seems for them.

Then those wanna be roller delayed stribog a3’s are interesting also

Is the mpx worth it? Heard so many mixed reviews about them while suppressed, this will most likely live with a can on

Hummm...
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 1 August 2021 at 04:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Re: MP5, a true H&K SP5 will run over $3,500. An American made PTR 9C is about $1,700 right now. There are a few very good builders out there, too, but will run over $3k and you'll be waiting a while. Someday, PSA might get theirs to market and suspect it will be competitive. Personally, I'd avoid the Century imported Turkish MKE just because of the character and earned reputation of both companies involved. After MKE screwed them over, Zenith is working on US made examples and I'd keep an eye on them. Given all their experience fixing MKE's crappy QC, I suspect they'll be decent if they can get them to market. The POF (Pakistani) produced guns are supposed to be pretty good but aren't really available anymore.

I've shot both the Scorpion and MPX suppressed. Yes, the MPX gives a little more gas in the face but I don't think it's a huge difference and I'd want to be wearing eye pro in either case. I wouldn't make that a huge factor in the selection. Trying to justify an MPX over other options is similar to trying to justify a $3,000+ AR15 like an MCX, KAC, LMT, etc over a $1,000 Colt 6920. That typically takes one of two flavors: 1) it will be used for "work" where the consequences of the selection are much higher stakes, or 2) budget isn't really an issue and no further justification than "want" is required.

You can get into a Scorpion for under $1K but plan to drop several hundred more in upgrades.

I think a big consideration for you should be if you want to maintain the manual of arms from the AR platform. If that doesn't matter, then Scorpion is best bang for buck. I'd be more comfortable trusting my life to a Scorpion, at least initially, than an AR9. If you care about staying consistent on the AR platform, then an Aero EPC will be about $800-$900 but you shouldn't have to sink as much into it after the fact on upgrades because you can build the way you want from the get-go. Of course, the other advantage with an AR9 when you are on a budget is you can buy the parts over time. But I'd want a lot of time behind an AR9 to build confidence that I'd trust it with my life. A factory gun like a CMMG or parts list from a common manufacture who has tested the configuration (like the EPC) would probably accelerate that trust-building curve.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reading around, more and more intrigued by the cmmg design.

I see you can buy the bcg and barrel combo and build your own version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Avoid CMMG until at least the second generation. They use consumers as beta testers.

I also say for a not bust the budget subgun, Scorpion all the way.

Downloads
    Uploads

What’s the best 9mm setup for suppressing

CMMG isn’t Sig Sauer……the Banshees are GTG…., but yes CZs are solid all around.