Downloads
    Uploads

Surefire Micro Scout Light Pro

Just saw this as a new release from Surefire. What do you guys think about it and why (or in what situation) would this smaller light be preferred?

https://www.surefire.com/products/il...out-light-pro/

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a decent light but the Malkoff E/HT head with an Ariska 300 body is a hard combo to beat...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard this was for some contract, and once the contract was fulfilled, they decided to release a light no one else asked for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly. The need one might have for that is a complete mystery.. Seems like an efficient way to cut battery life, though.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duh! It's so that when SHTF you can refuel your tactical light from readily-available AAA batteries from leftover TV remotes, while you're scavenging for cans of beans in the wasteland!

Downloads
    Uploads
    While others are moving forward SF seems like they keep taking steps back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Folks seem to forget the problem of logistics. Remember, SureFire made AA ScoutLights specifically for DSS, as did Aimpoint with their CompM5, specifically because of the logistics issues at play. Lithium primary cells are already an issue for some folks, let alone the issue of secondary cells.

When one of the DSS guys was questioned about just how hard it really is to ship 2032s:
    Because I don’t want to waste my limited budget on hundreds of dollars for each shipment to ship a few lithium batteries somewhere. Remember, lithium batteries are HAZMAT which costs a lot. Then add in the carrier costs to ship to some countries/areas well beyond the home/personal shipping you’re used to. By the way, FedEx and UPS don’t ship to every country in the world. Sometimes it’s DHL or another carrier. They’re even more expensive. I ship large quantities of batteries and constantly. Multiply hundreds of dollars for each shipment across a year of shipping and the cost would be staggering.

I need to spend my limited budget on weapons, optics, ammo and other gear instead of wasting most of my budget on shipping costs. It’s nowhere as simple as most assume. I’m supporting over 280 diplomatic missions in just about every country there is and with basically no organic logistical shipping capabilities. The scope of what we’re supporting is well beyond your assumptions.
    Beyond that, there is also the question of just how much light one needs. If one is doing hits under NODs constantly, then the smaller bulk and lighter weight of this WML could be seen as being worth the squeeze for a little emergency back-up white light, particularly since your use of a powerful white light could potentially fuck up the rest of your teammates that are still under NODs.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 8 September 2021 at 20:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Basically produced a light with zero consumer demand and almost no purpose other than an extremely select few. Seems like a solid idea as they get left behind by companies with an operating budget of their janitorial staff.